Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I was a little fella watching my first episode of Magnum P.I and asking my dad what is that red car he is driving, I have always admired and had a passion for Ferrari. Besides the fact that I come from a 100% Italian family and Ferrari is like a second religion. Moving on a few years, I am now 28 years young and for all these years I just wanted to sit in a Ferrari never mind go for a ride in one and after many broken promises that never came through, I can finally say I have had a Ferrari experience as in February this year I got to sit in a Ferrari and the owner even took me for a ride in his F355 Berlinetta with Tubi exhausts.

This was to be a day I would never forget and definitely the best day of my life purely because it was unexpected and I got to experience a Ferrari on a 20 minute ride. For some that isn't long but for me it was at least 22 years of waiting for this moment. My mother always says ''Good things come to those who are patient''.

When and what was your first Ferrari experience?

The picture is of me and the F355 I went in.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
My first time, I got to drive it! :)

My older brother, in my view at the time the luckiest [email protected]@rd alive, had taken delivery of a red 1988 328GTS in the weekend that Schumi won the first driver's championship since 1979 (that was October 2000). I still smile every time I pass the bend where my brother stopped the car and let me drive. It was a bit damp and there were leaves on the road. When I turned at a traffic light, in front of a police car, the car went in to a powerslide which I nicely corrected. THAT made me smile even more! They must have thought I was showing off. ;)

It had a sports exhaust, and sounded wonderful. Only 2 owners and 29,000kms on the dial.

Due to my time abroad between 2000 and 2003, when he sold it, I only got to drive it twice, unfortunately.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I've sat in many Ferrari's over the years, but the first one I drove was a fully restored 1976 308 GT4 in October 2004, I very nearly bought it, but decided that I would wait until I had accumulated the funds for a 328. I almost drove a 1991 348 TS on the same day, but didn't as I had been put off by the dealers stories about maintenance and servicing costs and opted for my first love which was the 328 GTS. Unfortunately he didn't have a 328 that I could drive that day as the only cars in his workshop were customers cars in for service.
The next one I drove was the 328 GTS that I bought and owned for 2 years.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, I had seen many Ferraris, but only sat in a F355 GTS once before our friend Boxer took me for a ride in both the F40 and the F50

that story is well documented hehehehe unforgettable, to say the least!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Against all advice

While I read quite a bit about Ferraris, I went against most advice.

My first time sitting in a Ferrari was to drive the one that I had purchased sight-unseen and transported 1600 miles to my home.

THe first drive was around the block - about 500 meters - then I parked it in the garage.

Not the most exciting ride , had a tough time getting the cold transmission into 2nd and never even hit third- but I never stopped smiling!.

Greg

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Well Greg and I share almost identical storys..lol

It was the same for me the car I bought was the first Ferrari I drove and the first time out was a thrilling one, in fact I found my first post you can almost read my smile from ear to ear hence why I always use the grin smiley.:grin:

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7077

As for the first time I sat in one it was in Hawaii and I was told it was the car used in the show Magnum I was thrilled the car was just sex on wheels. Now years later I looked at pictures and realized it was not a 308 but a 208 the bastered lied to me...:crazy:..Oh well I was still thrilled with the experience.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well Greg and I share almost identical storys..lol
Of course they are similar - You inspired me ! Nightlife - my hero!!!! ( okay - thats plain silly )

Greg

PS Put her down for the winter today ( sniff, sniff ).

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
It was 1974, I was in Italy, and I test drove a Dino which I purchased and then brought into back to the US.

I went through a full certification with DOT and EPA which was quite simple at that time.

Was a fabulous car I should never have sold.

I paid less than $8K at the time, sold it for $15K 2 years later, and I thought I was in hog heaven.

It would be worth an easy $200K today!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Of course they are similar - You inspired me ! Nightlife - my hero!!!! ( okay - thats plain silly.

TO late you said I'm a HERO WOO HOO I'll never let you live that one down.:grin:

I think I have one more week of decent weather then I must do the same and park her for the winter, at least all I have to do this winter is just look in the garage to see her not like last year where I had to wait to ship it up for almost 4 months, that was a long winter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It was in 1980... her name was Angela Ferrari... a beautifull italian girl....
oups... sorry... that was not the subject ?
:shocked:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It was in 1980... her name was Angela Ferrari... a beautifull italian girl....
oups... sorry... that was not the subject ?
:shocked:
:D I was waiting for someone to tell us their story like that. I realised after I posted the question that I should have used different wording :)

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
:D I was waiting for someone to say something like that. I guess I should have chosen my wording better for this question
Not to worry.

Humor and change of pace are always welcomed here!

BTW, do you still have this girl's phone number?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts