Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Great idea for a thread!!

I'll have to answer this without saying yesterday - i.e. picking up my first Ferrari.

The one that stands out for me was the day I first saw an F40 on the road. I was absolutely speechless.

From birth to 21 I probably hadn't seen more than half a dozen Ferraris in my life.

I'd just left University and moved to London - The BIG city! Loved cars, even back then (what 21 yr old guy doesn't?!).

I was turning into the road that goes across Hyde Park in London, when an F40 pulled in front of me - I followed him all the way across the park, and then for a little while afterwards.

It probably doesn't sound like a particularly impressive story - which it isn't - but it had a massive impression on me. It was 11 years ago, and I remember it as though it was yesterday. I swear, that was the day my passion was born. I can't say I've always yearned for a Ferrari, I've thought about it off and on since then - mostly dreaming, but always knowing the day would come. It's funny to remember that day, the day after I finally achieved it!! That makes me feel jolly good :green:

Bazil

·
Registered
37 Posts
My favourite Ferrari story is when I went out for a ride in a friend's 288 GTO – MY FAVOURITE FERRARI OF ALL TIME.

I was interviewing him for a magazine I was Editor of the time and he happened to mention he had a couple of new toys. One was a Ford RS200, and the other was the gleaming red GTO.

He took me out for a blast along the lanes of Warwickshire – back then GATSOs had not even been invented. As soon as those twin turbos ignited it was like being strapped to an Exorcet! I have never felt such intense acceleration coupled with that unbelievable V8 bellow. We darted in and out of traffic – the normal rules of space and time need not seem to apply.

The RS200 was actually faster (3.1 seconds 0-60mph), but the Ferrari was simply awesome. And I have been saving up ever since, but at £150-180,000 I would have some serious grovelling to do with Beloved to get one.

A magic moment...

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
My brother-in-law tells me I was driving 110 mph on a surface street in my area last Sunday. YIPES.

:eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
A client of mine had an M3 with license plate frames that read "My Other Car Is A Ferrari" Thinking it was a joke, I teased him a little. The next day he came to meet me in his 355. The license plate frames on this car read "This Is My Other Car."

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have a license plate frame on my Ford Aspire that says Stewart's Ferrari of Denver in hopes of fooling some people into thinking it came from there (which it didn't :wink: ).

·
Registered
22 Posts
hmm.... mine wld be my first Ferrari encounter when i wuz a young kid (really raelly young), i wuz sitting in my dad's car one day and lookin out the side window... when at a traffic light a beautiful red car (which later found out to be either a 308 or a 328) went past and stopped slightly ahead... i went: "WooaH!!!" ... i couldn't take my eyes off it... and i asked my dad what car was that? he told me it was a "Ferrari".. and since then... i've been in luv with cars and esp. FERRARIs... one day i WILL own one... i promise... i LUV 308s/328s becos they were the 1st Ferrari's i've ever laid eyes upon....

another memorable encounter wld be when i wuz on holiday in Japan... whilst waiting to cross at a traffic light, a red FERRARI F50 (with black rims) went past slowly due to the traffic jam in the city... it sounded like a race car... it wuz such an overwhelming feeling... i took a picture of the car... my hands were shaky.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts