Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone's best and worst experiences of Ferrari ownership are?
My best experience is probably still the day I took it home, parking it in my garage that night, walking around it, starring at it for hours, looking at it from different angles admiring the beautiful Pininfarina design and still not quite believing that I was the proud owner of a Ferrari.
Can't really say that I've had any bad experiences in the last 13 months, except maybe the shock of the first annual service bill, which was pretty much an oil change and a couple of minor tweaks after 900 miles.

·
Registered
271 Posts
One bad one, so bad that every time the car does not start first turn, my stomach turns instead.

Badly designed fuse box. The 1st 12 months of ownership were a bit of a horror story for me at times.

There are threads on fchat explaining it all, but basically the fuel pump fuse and circuit played up badly.

Everything else about it is pure heaven :D

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Worst - having the points go bad and my beautiful car backfiring like a shotgun going down the road. Very embarassing.

Best - Fixing it myself. Getting rid of the points and upgrading to dual electronic ignitions and having the car fire right up on the first try.

There are many other best things but that one was very satisfying. Actually, one of the best things was when I bought it and towed it home on a flatbed trailer behind my truck and seeing all the people staring and giving me the thumbs up when they passed. I knew then I was going to love this car. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts