Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 550. Yesterday, I started the beast. After waiting until the oil was at the proper temperature, I started to leave the parking lot. Going about 5 mph the light came on which said “Slow Down”. I stop and it still said “Slow Down”. What is happening? Does anyone have an idea of what is going on before I take it into the dealer $$$$$$$$$$$$.

:evil:

·
Registered
457 Posts
It's a warning light indicating overheating of the catalytic converter. It might be a problem with the sensor or the converter itself. If it persists, take it back to the dealer for warranty service.

Barry

·
Registered
286 Posts
I agree with Barry. It sounds like a malfunction somewhere in the cats warning system. Some times this light will come on if the car has been run hard and the cats are overheating. This not being the case, more than likely shows that a sensor is bad. Or you could have a cold start problem of too much fuel being dumped into the cats causing overheating. At any event, as Barry suggests take it to your dealer and get it checked.

·
Registered
139 Posts
slow down

:( :( Yea ,my slow down lights come on too sometimes,88Mondial cabriolet,I belive its the cat sensor ,so people tell me,As with all the electric s they suck.My mechanic said do exactley the opposit and floor it.Get rid of some of that excess gas,Mine comes on sometimes and he said dont worrey about it unless it stays on for a while..Aparantley after a while I have been told that the sensor will shut down 4 cylinders and then a while latter while your driveing it will shut down the motor till the cats cool downI belive he said he would check the oxygen senser first.P.S. This is only what I read on chat rooms,I am a remodeler not a mechanic,, :green: :green: P.S. I am driving to moroso this weekend 4 hours away Hopefully this might clean the car out ,If there is such an idear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts