Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fire damages Ferrari headquarters :eek:
Tue 16 March, 2004 11:40

MILAN, March 16 (Reuters) - A fire damaged part of Ferrari's headquarters on Tuesday, burning several prototype cars being developed at the Maranello production site.

"We intervened at around 1 a.m. (0000 GMT)," said an official from the local fire brigade. "A hangar in the experimental section containing several car prototypes was burning. The fire is now under control."

A Ferrari spokesman said nobody had been injured and work in most of the affected building had already been transferred to a new factory.

He said the fire caused damage to some prototype cars and equipment.

The fire official said firefighters were still at Maranello which is near Ferrari's test track site at Fiorano.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I read it, well, it sounds not that dramatic. Some prototypes and some equipment. It was not at the production facility I believe

·
Registered
895 Posts
Dino Scuderia said:
Yeah, doesn't sound very major. The McLaren team can't do anything right can they? :lol:
ROTFL! :lol: :lol:

Agree with Dirk, wondering what affect this could have on any of the models for the near future.

·
Registered
383 Posts
hope the fire didn't catch the Modena replacement....that would be really sad. I heard it's going to be 4.2 litres....which i think is pretty big...i'm gonna miss the sub 4.0 litre ferraris....

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Any fire is tragic. The fear that it can happen is very frightening indeed. A lot of the Ferrari facilities are old and there are no automatic sprinklers, that's the worry.

I'm sure a through investigation will result in new stricter preventive measures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts