Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why would you waste well over 100 thousand dolars on an f430 when you could easily have over 700hp and increadible suspension from an rsx for much much much cheaper? Foolish indeed. When you by an f430 your paying at least $30,000 just for a ferrari badge

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
that discussion again?

I'm tired of that

go for the 700bhp NSX, that's all I'm going to say

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Buy a $30k Pontiac and put another $10k into it and you will whip ass on any Ferrari made in the quarter mile and then you can come back here and tell me how much better your car is then my antique Ferrari.

If all you want is speed, go buy a motorcycle.

Listen to Stile-Alpine, if you think the NSX is better than a Ferrari than go buy one and I'm sure there is some website out there for you. And everyone will agree it is the best.

If you like Ferrari's than this is the place for you.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Why would you waste well over 100 thousand dolars on an f430 when you could easily have over 700hp and increadible suspension from an rsx for much much much cheaper? Foolish indeed. When you by an f430 your paying at least $30,000 just for a ferrari badge
Why would you even bother to waste your valuable time (it is valuable right?) making this statement on here?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Good, go buy the RSX. Then I suggest you take some of your savings and invest it in either a writing course or getting your high school equalivancy degree.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts

Because we can....we are all rich and wouldn't be caught dead in an RSX…

But it would be nice to remove the doors on an RSX, put a 12 inch suspension and 8 inch body lift kit on it with 31’ tires, cut the exhaust at the manifold, weld pipes that would come out the sides and go wheeling with it.

This is going to be a funny thread...

~

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I can buy a Casio watch for 10 dollars, it will keep perfect time for 5-10 yrs without the need to wind it or change the battery, it's probably waterproof for 15 million atmospheres, it might even set the VCR and wash the dishes if I knew what all the buttons did;)
........or I can pay thousands for a premium Swiss chronometre, if it don't wear it for 42 hours it stops, it loses or gains 3-30 seconds a day, it will cost me 400 dollars to service it and change the seals every couple of years.
But I still choose the Swiss watches because they are Swiss watches and it's what I always aspired to. Likewise a Ferrari isn't the best, most reliable, fastest or cheapest car in the world, but is still a Ferrari and nothing else will ever be a Ferrari, it won't even come close, I aspired to own a Ferrari not a Honda, it just doesn't have the same appeal even if it was twice as fast as my Ferrari.
Suggest you join a forum for people who like Casio cars and leave us alone.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
When you by an f430 your paying at least $30,000 just for a ferrari badge

I think Ferrari badges are cheaper than that on eBay, but fitting one won't make your RSX into a Ferrari.

You pay your money and you make your choice.

Like Stile says - boring.

P.S. try clubRSX.com. Strangely enough there are no Ferrari owners posting "my car's better than your car" threads.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Why would you waste well over 100 thousand dollars on an f430 when you could easily have over 700hp and incredible suspension from an rsx for much much much cheaper? Foolish indeed. When you by an f430 your paying at least $30,000 just for a ferrari badge
Why waste $30k when for $20k you can get near the performance of an Enzo by buying a Formula Continental track car? Think lap times of 2 minutes flat at WGI long course and under 57 seconds at LRP... and so on.

Unless you plan to track the car a lot or live in Germany or other no speed limit countries with good drivers what is the point?

Ask yourself:

Where do you expect to use the capabilities of the car in question?

If you say only on public roads, get a good safe vehicle like a truck (Ford 2008 F-250 Superduty would do nicely). Alas, in America there are too many idiots out there driving at illegal speeds in a reckless way... and WAY over their <cough>talent<cough> on public roadways.

You want REAL speed, get a real track car imo.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Shake up the can of Troll Spray.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Hello Boat: Considering that you are in your late 30's, which is wonderful, we all have our different values at certain point in our life. You are where you are now. All I can say is that your enlightment has not arrived yet. Maybe in a year or a decade later, you would reflect and wonder why did I care so much about numbers, HP, etc. Your current state of mind is the indication of what you are and what you value. Enjoy your monster machine. Jimmy

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
What I just can say is: I have a 3000€ motorbike who can beat every ferrari with just a little gas...but am still dreaming of having a Ferrari... why????
And why i didnt dream of Honda??? I dont know!
that's a stupid question! Ferrari is FERRARI and Honda is Honda!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a feeling this Boat guy isn't coming back. He probably just registered to make a single post, then leave thinking he "pwned" all of us, without looking back.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
What I just can say is: I have a 3000€ motorbike who can beat every ferrari with just a little gas...but am still dreaming of having a Ferrari... why????
And why i didnt dream of Honda??? I dont know!
that's a stupid question! Ferrari is FERRARI and Honda is Honda!
Good use of the font size for emphasis!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Man, I love this forum, I lurk here a ton cause it's great learning about Ferrari and reading your guys posts.

I'll own a Ferrari one day...

Probably a 360 when it gets a little cheaper :p

·
Registered
63 Posts
To even ask that question tells me that he just doesn't get it and, sadly, probably never will. If he is in his late 30s he must be the grandpa of the ricer set.

Tom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts