Ferrari Life Forum banner

Would you drive a replica Ferrari?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Andrew, are we talking Fiero Ferraris or "impossible to spot" replicas based on cheaper models and total ground-up builds? You were the only one to take the plunge on guessing which of the pictures I posted were fakes. In fact as you might have thought, all were replicas/rebodies.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
marlin said:
Andrew, are we talking Fiero Ferraris or "impossible to spot" replicas based on cheaper models and total ground-up builds? You were the only one to take the plunge on guessing which of the pictures I posted were fakes. In fact as you might have thought, all were replicas/rebodies.
Replicas, period. I'll start a different topic for rebodies.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I would definatley not drive a replica ...

I would probably drive a rebody. I would consider it even farther if you take form the same series (ie; 250 lusso -> 250 gt swb)

I doubt Id ever even have the chance.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Ferrari Lover said:
No because most Ferrari replicas are HIDEOUS & they don't match the lines of the real cars. I've never seen a "good" "fake" Ferrari.
Take a look at the pictures I posted on the topic "Pontiac or Ferrari??" :D

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
The only replicas I can accept are the recreations of cars which no longer exist like Chris Rea's 256 or Ferrari's own 125, as long as they are represented as replicas. Its a shame destroying an example of one mark to create another. How many fake GTOs do we need ? It will always be a lie and only really fooling the owner in the end. I've been disappointed a few times thinking I can cross another real Ferrari of the list only to find its another copy.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
well, a recreation is something totally different

and the 125S is build by the factory themself, and solely for their museum

and the Chris Rea Sharknose isn't completelly correct on dimensions
and i do know somebody else who is having a recreaction build, with lots of original parts. The car should hopefully be ready somewhere this winter

and, on a sidenote, the Rea Sharknose is in Holland

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I would not drive a fake one because that's all it is....fake....

Can anyone explain rebodied ???? Not sure I understand !

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
magnum6464 said:
I would not drive a fake one because that's all it is....fake....

Can anyone explain rebodied ???? Not sure I understand !
Old chassis - new body. An innocent 250 GT 2+2 etc has its clothes removed so that a replica GTO body can be applied. One less classic Ferrari to cherish, one more fake GTO. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Lets see if I understand, an old 250 rusted or banged up, someone rips the body off, and buys a replica (fake) body from a kit car company and installs it on the original frame, with the original engine.

So instead of restoring the body they scrapped it ?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Im under the impression that the body pannels they apply are not ones intended to be kits. typically the proportions on those are WAY off and dont look anything like the originally. Something on the 250 chassis with the 250 motor would have to be a lot closer to original than the other ones.

I dont know where people get their body pannels for re-bodys

In essence you're correct, its half original. ha

1 - 20 of 32 Posts