• Only when necessary

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Never

Votes: 1 3.7%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
How could you own a car like that and NOT drive it?

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it is easy for us to all say, "I'd drive it all the time." However, when you have 1 of 272 you are always going to be nervous behind the wheel (at least I would be). It would suck to see you get hit by a soccer Mom in her SUV.

I will be the first to admit if I had a 250 GTO the car would never see the open road. I would probably flat bed the car to a track and only drive it there.

I think the 288 GTO is the only post '70s Ferrari I've yet to see on the open road.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Actually, my choice would be:
D. Hell yes: anytime, anywhere!:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Be assured that I would drive it, but not everyday or during heavy traffic times. At 5:00 am on a warm summer day up one of the many fantastic mountain roads I am surrounded by, you bet or a run up peak to peak highway, after all you can not just let it rot.

Mikel

·
Registered
613 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
I will be the first to admit if I had a 250 GTO the car would never see the open road. I would probably flat bed the car to a track and only drive it there.
You can crash it one the track... (I remeber a F50 GT1)
You're garage could burn down... (Remember Munsterhuis)
Nature can get angry... (flood, storm, etc.)

But you are right in one thing. If I had a 250 GTO, I would not take her out for a daily drive to my work. I would take her to as mutch meetings as posible...

·
Registered
509 Posts
I would drive it, but certainly within reason. Having it sit will damage the car. Better to stretch the legs a bit. Id be more worried about it on a track honestly. I dont know if I will ever posses the skills necessary to properly drive/control that kind of car. Granted I could drive it slowly around the track, but whats the fun in that?

Now, if I had a 250 GTO, LM, TR, or SWB or whatever I would DEFINATELY drive it on the street. Not to work every day, but to the market, drug store, whatever. I think that would be the best time to do it! Share the experience right?! Ill be the one parked in the way back of the lot ... Obviously I would only go locally, but I would enjoy the car!! Just like sn 3851

;)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
My choice is not an option. Therefore I did not vote. I would make it a daily driver. It is just a car.

Mr. Ferrari made it to drive, not to look at in a museum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Like has been said before... if you had this car and the money to drive it... why not do it? It would be sad to just keep it in the garage...

·
Registered
308 Posts
I would drive it every chance I get. These cars are valuable, but not irreplaceble yet. So I'd be out there every time mother nature let me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts