5,509 Posts
Mick,
I've sent you a PM.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
manuals

:question: :roll: Is a work shop manual the same as a parts manual,, :question: dumb question as the both about $100.00 each :oops: thankyou Mick

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
They are not the same. The workshop manual is the "how-to" book. This is the "must have" book if you are going to pop the lid with a wrench in your hand. It gives you instructions, diagnostics and specifications.

The parts manual is strictly that. Parts. It doesn't tell you how to do anything. It is a very valuable tool though because it shows you all the parts on the car, the factory part number, the sizes and number of bolts that hold it on, how it fits in relation to the other parts, etc. Especially useful if you have a part in your hand that is obviously broken, you know what it does but you have absolutely no idea what it is called. You can find the picture of the part and look it up. You can get by without the parts manual but I would recommend getting one. Example: 1- You are calling your parts supplier looking for a speedometer impulse generator, Ferrari part number xxxxx. He says "yes I have one". A few days later it comes to the house via UPS. 2- You are calling your parts supplier looking for "that doohickey on the engine that runs the speedometer". He says "yes I have one". A few days later UPS shows up with a package containing a part that you have no idea where it goes.

I must admit, the 308 shop manual leaves a lot to be desired. I refer to the parts manual frequently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts