Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will arrive the Sunday prior to the race. My brother-in-law will host me. I have to pay for nothing but a dinner for his family. His home will board me, my sister-in-law will feed me, and the extra car is mine. Cheap and nice. His company is fronting me my ticket to the Formula One race in down under land. It is for four days. Plenty of food & drink for me. Joy, oh joy!

I get to see the toilet goes backwards. The stars will be unknown to me. What a joy! The FCA; not the Ferrari Club of America, but the Ferrari Club of Australia; will have me at their function for the race (that could be a mistake). My children’s X-Mas gift to me is a red Ferrari jacket. I am buying a tux for the trip. They are more formal than Southern California. Yes, much more formal.

This will be my first Formula One Auto Race. Although I was born in Indianapolis and went to the time qualifications, I have never attended a major race. Fun.

Do any of you Ferrari Freaks have any suggestions as to what is cool at a Formula One Race? Remember, I am a virgin at this.

:green: 8) :green: 8) :green: 8) :green:

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
And why did you post this twice? I'm not sure you'll need a Tux. Take it from somone in Japan that has meet a few Aussies. A suit maybe but a Tux to F-1 event will look dumb.

What is cool at a F-1 race? Lots of things. My suggestion is either buy some really nice headphones (like the aviation ones, because it's really loud). I'm not sure but a scanner is also cool if F-1 allows you to listen to the talk between the driver and pit (CART does).

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Sorry Andrew F1 doesn't allow that
Sometimes there are illegal taps availlable between pit and driver, but that's usually done by a radio/tv station.

eeeeuuuhhhmmm Bart???
WHy on earth would you need a tux at an F1 race.
all you need are: RED cloths :green: , videocamera, photo camera, something to drink/eat, and have LOT'S of FUN!!!!! :green:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The FCA is having a formal ball on Thursday night. I have been told it is FORMAL.

First vacation in a very long time. May heavens, I am acting like a small boy before X-mas.

A headset to muffle the noise. Good idea.

As the time gets near, I will become unbearable if not aready.

Of course, my favorite car company will be in the winner's circle.

:green: :green:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts