Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that dont know me, i have bought a Red F355 Spider back in July. It is stunning and although a few K has been spent on some minor repairs it is so cool!

The agreement was that I would have the car a year and have some fun before buying a larger house and settle down to live the life of a family man... sounds like a good plan really! Im only 30 and I thought, do it while I am young and strive to do it again later also!

Anyway... works going good at the moment, I have been working harder with a view to keeping that car and trying to make enough dough to get the house too!

Trouble is I cant even clean the car without a jelous look from the girlfriend! There is not even an ounce of appreciation for what we have in the garage or any enjoyment of pulling up in it!

Guys is this normal???

Is this what you have to put up with in life normally???

Regards

Chris

·
Registered
293 Posts
Chris,

My wife gladly supports fully and enjoys drives in the car. She also is cool with all the time i spend tracking the car. Ya know, i had a gal like you describe years ago. Best thing i ever did was to dump her. She was possessive and controlling at times. It was a slow, slippery slope and never realized how bad it got until i finally realizes she was not 'the one' for me.

Years later i met this truly amazing woman...

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
enjoythemusic said:
Years later i met this truly amazing woman...
Of course, for most of us, this could easily be a car.;)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Ive mentioned before that my lady is EXTREMELY understanding when it comes to me and my cars.

I can get pretty emphatic sometimes and she takes it in stride. My father calls me a "Car snob" and I'll take that. She listens to my never ending opinions and knods as though she cares ... shes good to me :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Haha, this topic worries me. My girlfriend of four years now is supportive but when it comes to my love for Ferraris and cars in general she just "knods as though she cares" yet I know that she is not nearly as enthused about my journey to one day own my first Ferrari as she pretends...I sometimes wonder if the girl for me is the type of girl who will crank her neck around to get a 3 second glimpse of a beautiful V12 just like I do?!

Sorry to get all "sappy" on you guys, haha. :D

·
Registered
613 Posts
I know just one thing. Without my lady I would already have my first Ferrari...

But then I would probably end up old and alone not being able to drive the beast because I'm frustrated and sad becasue other people have kids with kids and dogs and do not need a nurse like I would need... hmmm, maybe a nice 20 year old nurse w....

I love my lady, even if she 's not so into Ferrari as I am. I think she's going to be jelous, but that's her problem. She got her things, I got mine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We're out there...just few and far between I guess. Like I said, I had boyfriends with no interest in cars (yeah I know, wierd) and so I'm sure I seemed bizarre to them. Especially when I would sometimes make a u turn to follow a car to get a closer look. If a Ferrari went by...well they'd better sit down, shut up, hang on or get out! LOL.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Yes you are right about the few and far. At Maserati Life one of the owner's wife was the same way. It was fun to meet when we had a wine rally and she did half the driving!

I saw your photo in the gallery on here. Who is the other girl with you? You should get her to join this site as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I need to meet a girl my age like Sandra lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
If she's just a girl friend and she is already 'jealous' of a car (or for that matter any of your interests)..........I hate to say it, but the writing is on the wall. Run away, unless you are willing to give up the things you find important. Otherwise she will make your life a misery. I speak from experience........never again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well...

I'm a Ford dealer that has brought home a few Ford GT's over the last year. The response has been less than enthusiastic from my wife (can't see, uncomfortable, makes her sick etc etc). So I sold them off and have a 99 355 F1 Spider on the way. Hopefully this will scratch my new found exotic itch and keep her happy on date night. Women..........go figure.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Hmmm !!!

Ingenere said:
If she's just a girl friend and she is already 'jealous' of a car (or for that matter any of your interests)..........I hate to say it, but the writing is on the wall. Run away, unless you are willing to give up the things you find important. Otherwise she will make your life a misery. I speak from experience........never again!
Heavy words. Makes you wonder why you need a girlfriend like that. Jimmy

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Makes you think

campbell53 said:
I'm a Ford dealer that has brought home a few Ford GT's over the last year. The response has been less than enthusiastic from my wife (can't see, uncomfortable, makes her sick etc etc). So I sold them off and have a 99 355 F1 Spider on the way. Hopefully this will scratch my new found exotic itch and keep her happy on date night. Women..........go figure.
I suppose you have to think again why you own these exotic cars to begin with. I do understand that you wish to please your better half also, but the bottom line is that you shell out $$$$$ because it is your toy, not your wife's. Maybe you can buy her own toy or jewels or whatever to leave you alone to enjoy your toy. Otherwise, comments by others seem realistic. As for my wife now, she has no interest in cars and she doesn't even know how many cars I own right at this moment. That is fine with me. Needless to say she doesn't even ask me how much I paid for the cars. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to give you the wrong impressions. I am simply stating my situation so that you understand there's all sorts of realities. Good luck w/ your splendid F355 Spider. Jimmy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts