Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had gone over to Rick's house (wolfeman) to drop off some stuff. We were both coming back here to meet a freind so I thought I would let him take the Ferrari. I didn't say anything about it. I just went over to his Jetta TDI and asked for the keys. He gave me a puzzled look but handed me the keys. I got in and said "See you over at my house." I started up the VW, put it in reverse, and when I looked behind me so I could back up my Ferrari was already gone. I mean GONE! Not even down the street, I mean gone, nowhere to be seen. I guess he knows how to take a hint.

He did let me catch up a few times and then lose me. It was fun to see my Ferrari in action. It is just as enjoyable from behind as from the inside. It was fun seeing the stares on the faces of the workers as we passed a construction zone.

I did grab my camera and when I caught up (or rather when he let me catch up) I was able to take a few pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stradale said:
You're OK, Pete! :) The kind of friend that I'd like to have. :)
I already consider you a friend!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Wow!! If only you lived in Durham, North Carolina... :wink: I'd let you drive my Grand Am...honest I would :p

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
360 Spyder said:
Wow!! If only you lived in Durham, North Carolina... :wink: I'd let you drive my Grand Am...honest I would :p
I would jump on the chance to drive a Pontiac!! :green: :green: :green:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
great story peter, so where's rick?
is he still too "high" from his trip?

BTW when you receive a speeding ticket this month, just send it to ricks house :wink:

so, euhm? peter?
you wanted to meet up for a beer right? :wink: :green:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dj Dirk said:
so, euhm? peter?
you wanted to meet up for a beer right? :wink: :green:
Oh I see, you want to get me drunk and take advantage of me. Well don't worry Dirk, you come to Maine and I'll let you take the Ferrari for a spin.

Rick's working today so he can't post. I'm expecting to see some words from him tonight though, I told him I was going to post this.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dj Dirk said:
me to Maine????
well heck, why don't you come over and bring the 308 along with you and let's go to Spa :wink:
Are you going to pay the shipping? I can't exactly drive the car to Belgium. If I am over there it might be cheaper for us to rent a 360 than ship over the 308.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Pete04222 said:
Dj Dirk said:
me to Maine????
well heck, why don't you come over and bring the 308 along with you and let's go to Spa :wink:
Are you going to pay the shipping? I can't exactly drive the car to Belgium. If I am over there it might be cheaper for us to rent a 360 than ship over the 308.
i'll take you up on that, i know where we could rent a 355 Spider
i pas that place when i drove over to Ferrari Antwerp

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dj Dirk said:
Pete04222 said:
Dj Dirk said:
me to Maine????
i'll take you up on that, i know where we could rent a 355 Spider
i pas that place when i drove over to Ferrari Antwerp
So how much does it cost to rent a 355 for the day in Belgium? I've told you before that if my rig goes to Africa I'll be flying in and out of Paris and could easily hop on the train to your place.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dj Dirk said:
here's the site: http://www.ferrarirent.com/language.php

only in dutch at the moment
but for a 360 Modena it's €800 for a day with 150 km and then €2.5 per extra km
but i believe it's somewhere in between €6.000 - €10.000 deposit :cry:
I can cover the deposit. So IF my rig goes to Africa and I crew change out of Paris, I will plan on coming to Belgium, spend the night at your house and the next day you and I can split the cost and put 150 km on a new 360!

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Awesome story Pete, I'm sure Rick had a blast. I guess I'm nuts because I will pass up the chance for the Ferrari and take your Jeep for a spin in the mud. I've only done that once and it was awesome (I liked sandboxes and creeks as a kid :nuts: ). I guess I'm like that little kid that visited your house a few weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Enzo250GTO said:
Awesome story Pete, I'm sure Rick had a blast. I guess I'm nuts because I will pass up the chance for the Ferrari and take your Jeep for a spin in the mud. I've only done that once and it was awesome (I liked sandboxes and creeks as a kid :nuts: ). I guess I'm like that little kid that visited your house a few weeks ago.
I know the one you are talking about and it wasn't a few weeks ago, it was a few months ago (man time flies) . A shiney, red Ferrari in the driveway, ready to go and he says "Wow! Is that your truck!?!" I can't wait to get pics of my Jeep back in action posted on the site. I ordered some panels needed for the Jeep body yesterday and I am leaving for work tomorrow so that project is on hold. The chassis is ready to go. (Oh, I still need to install the exhaust, brake and fuel lines)

But rest assured, when you make the trip out to Maine you will get the chance to drive the Ferrari on the road and the Jeep off the road!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Sheesh! I AM planning a trip to France in the near future, but now I've got to go via Maine! When is "mud season"?

BTW I've looked seriously at renting an exotic for maybe up to a week for a run down the Cote d'Azure from northern Italy, but it sure is expensive. I must confess that I'm warming to maybe a Lotus Elise - it's about 1/10 the price and it's sure to be at least 70% the fun.

Pete that's a damn decent thing to do. I can imagine that you must get a lot of "hints" from "friends" to let them drive your car which must be pretty annoying. Just handing it over like that unasked is geniune friendship. :up:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
4kids3fish said:
Sheesh! I AM planning a trip to France in the near future, but now I've got to go via Maine! When is "mud season"?

BTW I've looked seriously at renting an exotic for maybe up to a week for a run down the Cote d'Azure from northern Italy, but it sure is expensive. I must confess that I'm warming to maybe a Lotus Elise - it's about 1/10 the price and it's sure to be at least 70% the fun.

Pete that's a damn decent thing to do. I can imagine that you must get a lot of "hints" from "friends" to let them drive your car which must be pretty annoying. Just handing it over like that unasked is geniune friendship. :up:
Mud season is right now! May is when the ground is fully thawed and you have the mud! The 4 seasons in Maine are: Winter, Mud Season, Construction and Winter. Of course, on the land my Jeep club owns there is mud year-round.

You let me know when you want to come to Maine. Between my Jeep and Rick's Jeep we can even take out the 4 kids and the 3 fish. You have an open invitation.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts