Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few superficial windscreen chip on my 2002 360 Modena, a car which I have had for 3 months. Do I ignore, have a windshield repair guy fix or replace the windshield? I would appreciate any advice on this subject.

·
Registered
979 Posts
depends on how big the chip is and how deep it goes.

happens alot around here in West Texas (wife's suburban recently, and my Cayman a while back). We went with Safelite glass repair, but only after going through our insurance first (Geico)

paid the $250 deductable, and both times they had to totally replace the windshield/windscreen on both cars

so i'd say call your insurance company and file a claim, and if the repair for chip is cheaper than your deductable, just pay it outright and not do a claim.

hope that helps. good luck

·
Premium Member
11,888 Posts
Most companies will pay for chip repair to prevent having to pay for a windshield replacement. Ask yours.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
If they are small, fill them, then consider getting some Xpel windshield film, and or increase your following distance.

·
Registered
2003 575M
14 Posts
depends on how big the chip is and how deep it goes.

happens alot around here in West Texas (wife's suburban recently, and my Cayman a while back). We went with Safelite glass repair, but only after going through our insurance first (Geico)

paid the $250 deductable, and both times they had to totally replace the windshield/windscreen on both cars

so i'd say call your insurance company and file a claim, and if the repair for chip is cheaper than your deductable, just pay it outright and not do a claim.

hope that helps. good luck
i have to say , i have CHUBB as my insur Co, no deductible, fast service, great rates.. they use Safelite as well. I consider them to be top notch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts