Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this model while I was in Hawaii. It was a great deal of fun to do but I was glad when it was finished. It's nothing close to what a professional could do but alright for a part timer....I hope!

Forza,

Dane

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dirk,

Thank you very much! It is a Tamiya 1/12 scale. I'd like to try resin next but don't know enough to try it.

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
575 Posts
Dane said:
...It's nothing close to what a professional could do but alright for a part timer....I hope!
What are you talking about, it looks fantastic! All of your decals are nice and straight, with no trapped air-bubbles. The paint scheme is correct and done beautifully...

I started off with models as a kid, but didn't do too well with them. I focused more on the die-cast stuff and that's the bulk of my collection now. I may go back to plastic models one day...

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Dane, i know what you mean
i would love to start with 1/43 resin kits
but you hace to invest in a lot in equipment to get started and it isn't easy

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I think it came out pretty nice! I wouldn't mind trying one myself. It's just finding the time!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pete,

I know exactly what you mean! However, I think the longer it takes, the better as you can come back to it fresh and not frustrated which I certainly felt at times...the rear spoiler was not easy!

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dirk,

For me, 1/12th scales have always been more challenging than any 1/24th. Tamiya really boosts the detail of the 1/12th scalers versus the 1/24th's. Just my experience...

Forza,

Dane

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I still need to finish my 1/1 scale 308 before I tackle anything smaller! :D

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Dane
I agree, 1/12 is a lot better then 1/24.
The models i'm referring to is actually 1/43
take a look at this
http://www.amazing43.com/
and see what the experts can do
really amazing
i've seen models that where better build in kit then from a manufacturer in diecast

1 - 12 of 12 Posts