Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumors are that with the sell of 35% of Ferrari, that Mr. Montezemolo will step down as our fearless leader :cry: I'd like to know what everybodies opinion is on this subject. I personally would like him to stay awhile longer. He has turned the company around, not only in road cars but in formula one as well.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FIAT still owns most of it, and Piero Ferrari owns the rest. I'll try to get some better numbers on that. I also heard that FIAT promises NOT to sell it's remaining portion.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Oh, so Fiat will still be the parent company with controlling shares? I hope that Mediobanca is just in it for the money and will not try to "steer" the company

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pete04222 said:
Oh, so Fiat will still be the parent company with controlling shares? I hope that Mediobanca is just in it for the money and will not try to "steer" the company
I sure hope that doesn't happen Peter. But, with their investment, Ferrari will be able to continue to develop state of the art cars. I guess it's just a part of today's business world.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Here's the correct figures.

Mediobank bought 34% of Ferrari from FIAT Group (not FIAT Auto as most people think). But there was a clause in the sale that gives FIAT Group the option to buy back that block of shares. I think the time limit is end of July 2004.

Pierro Ferrari owns 10% of Ferrari.

FIAT Group owns 56%.

Luca di Montezemolo is the Chiarman of FIAT - meaning FIAT Group and also Chairman of FIAT Auto. He has chosen to remain as Chairman is Ferrari. John Todt was promoted from board member to Managing Director just before Luca appointment in FIAT and will remain as Managing Director.

·
Registered
322 Posts
He has changed Ferrari a lot and he is a good man. What else could he get into and than ask himself. Why did I leave Ferrari?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Enzo_Ferrari said:
He has changed Ferrari a lot and he is a good man. What else could he get into and than ask himself. Why did I leave Ferrari?
Enzo he hasn't left Ferrari. He's the Chairman of Ferrari. He decide the policy of the company though he doesn't run the day-to-day operations.

Luca would be a very interesting choice to be the next F1 CEO.
Which do you mean, the FIA or FOA? The re is no glory in running the FIA ans they can't afford Luca's salary. Did you know that Ferrari paid him USD20+million as bonus in 2003? That's not even his salary.

As for the FOA that runs F1, it is owned by Bernie and SLEC. Luca would be an employee of a SLEC (owned by the banks) and Bernie who is a difficult and demanding task master. No, I don't see Luca even considering the job.

At FIAT, he's a trusted friend of he family and at Ferrari he is god, so why would he wish for something else?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Boxer42 said:
Luca would be a very interesting choice to be the next F1 CEO.
if you are talking about the retirement of max mosley, then there are some romours that jean todt might be the next boss of the FIA

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well i figured when this topic is 'Will luci ritire?" Thanks anyways.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts