Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an owner of a 1982 BB512i, s/n;42213, all rosso corso with marrone inserts and dash...car now has ~24k klms and is in excellent condition where it resides in my garage in Georgia USA...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ferrari SE

I just joined forum and hopefully will have a 308 soon,as i will find out this week if offer accepted on a 82 308 Gtsi. I would love to converse back and forth about Ferrari's and such.Any ideas on getting some interest in this area? I have met many enthusiasts in the Charlotte area and have been to many of their functions but most however post on Ferrari Chat. Our local group CAFE,(Charlotte Area Ferrari Enthusiasts) get together usually monthly or more for lunch and to just talk Ferrari,such as this past Sat at a nice Italian restarant in down town Charlotte.Maybe i can see if they even know about this forum,as i just found it myself.
Bill

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
let em' know.....that's how things get started. Can't wait to see the 308. Nice choice.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
When I lived down in Charlotte I use to see Ferraris on a weekly basis. I really miss the area....and the weather. A lot of nice roads right outside the city:thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Chris,
We have a pretty large contingent of Italian cars in this area, i know of 5 308's,2 Mondials,2 512's,4 TR's,2 360's,1 Scud, 1 328, 1 275,1 330,1 Iso Grifo and a handfull of Alfa's.You're right the weather is pretty decent and there are some good roads in the area but most are to the northern and western part of the state,like toward Ashville and of course there's the Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap.
Bill

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Chris,
We have a pretty large contingent of Italian cars in this area, i know of 5 308's,2 Mondials,2 512's,4 TR's,2 360's,1 Scud, 1 328, 1 275,1 330,1 Iso Grifo and a handfull of Alfa's.You're right the weather is pretty decent and there are some good roads in the area but most are to the northern and western part of the state,like toward Ashville and of course there's the Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap.
Bill
I would love to take a Ferrari through the Blue Ridge mountains too:thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Chris, i see you're in Detroit, how far from Livonia? I work for Roush in NC and the headquarters are in Livonia and Allen PK.I talk almost daily with my contacts in different divisions up there.
Bill

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well guys,as i mentioned in my earlier post about having an offer in on a Ferrari, my offer was accepted on the 82 308 GTSI and will if all goes well take delivery after work on Mon.Needless to say,i'm pretty excited to finally fullfill a dream and start my Ferrari ownership.I've got the VIN but i'm not going to post to the registry until she's officially mine.Maybe in the future i can hook up with some of you southeastern guys for a drive or just grab a burger and talk Ferrari.
Bill

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Well guys,as i mentioned in my earlier post about having an offer in on a Ferrari, my offer was accepted on the 82 308 GTSI and will if all goes well take delivery after work on Mon.Needless to say,i'm pretty excited to finally fullfill a dream and start my Ferrari ownership.I've got the VIN but i'm not going to post to the registry until she's officially mine.Maybe in the future i can hook up with some of you southeastern guys for a drive or just grab a burger and talk Ferrari.
Bill
Excellent news and congratulations. Look forward seeing pictures.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No problem on the pics,i'm sure i'll be camera happy come Tue or Wed.
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
No problem on the pics,i'm sure i'll be camera happy come Tue or Wed.
Thanks,
Bill

congrats on your 308. The prices in these seem a steal for the steel IMO.

But I know I'll probably wind up with an late 328 down the road, and ya', probalby red/tan

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
U s f 1

Hey guys!

USF1 is located in the Charlotte area. Any pictures, news, F-car drives to the facility?

That must be awesome to have it located right where NASCAR is located as well. Looks like the Southeast is a fantastic place for car enthusiasts to gather.

If you have pictures from past events, please post them.

Thanks.

Michael:steeringwheel:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
They'll need to do it soon, since it will debut Sunday, March 14th in Bahrain :steeringwheel:

Must be fascinating to see the facility right there in North Carolina... might be worth the trip down from Maryland.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
...or go in a straight line ;)

For us F1 fans, those left-turn only cars are where the money is in the good 'ol U.S. of A. When was the last time you heard the mainstream sports media tell you what's going on in Formula One? Unfortunately, they would report something on Soccer before anything about F1.

For now, the USF1 website had no more information, and the rumor is that they are pulling out. F1 organizers were thinking about allowing each Constructor to miss up to 3 races per year, but that was shot down by F1 committee, and all Constructors must be present for each race.

The prognosis looks bad for USF1 this year, yet they have a 40,000 sq ft facility with a large staff and much construction already accomplished. The rumor is that promised Sponsor money hasn't come in, so rather than complete the designed vehicle, they might purchase one instead. They did make January payroll, but this month is up in the air until Sponsors come through.

Who here in the South East area knows what's going on firsthand? Have you been to the facility in Charlotte?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts