Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My point of view. I drive daily what a NASCAR track should be, which is something able to handle a very high speed vehicle.

Of course, the first reason is I can monetary.

Nevertheless, the car.

It is the most beautiful vehicle I have ever seen. Beauty is subjective. Therefore, one cannot argue about beauty.

It holds the following three world records. The first two are the quickest 100 miles & 100 kilometers of any production car of the twentieth century. The last record I like the best. Most engines will over-heat and cook the oils at a substance maximum output. My nice 550 does not overheat at maximum speed. My 550’s maximum oil temperature is 461 degree at the maximum. I have not reach the top end as of yet. Including a change of drivers and fueling, my sweet thing went a shade over 183 miles in an hour’s time. According to the FIA, my little thing was able to go farther in an hour then anything else last century.

Sure, some may have an ability to go ahead of me at certain speeds. After those numbers, I will pass you. Even off the line, a few production cars will beat me. Still only the new big brother Lambo will wave “Bye – bye”. Of course, that Italian thing has only been made in the third millennium by some Germans.

The more I drive it, the better I like it. I have until the beginning of May to SMOG my car at a test station and do the 45,000 miles physical to my beast.

My 550 is the best car I have ever seen in Southern California.

Never drive less than 12 cylinders

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
adlinyusman said:
:eek:

you're weird and you scare me a little :ugh:

:green:
I love it. He has been doing this for TWO years. We all know his BEAST is the greatest so just don't argue. Right Bart?

I like his post because it shows how passionate he is about his "beast"

Bart,

Are you sure about the third record? Where did you pull that one from?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Indeed, You can just see he loves it, about once every month or 2 a post like this comes up. And every time Andrew says, hey, you don't call your car a production car. But this time he doesn't :D

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
...every time Andrew says, hey, you don't call your car a production car. But this time he doesn't :D
Yep, I gave up on this battle. Depends on how you define productions (I define it was mass IE assembly line/robots etc not hand made).

·
Registered
770 Posts
Bart - you're absolutely bonkers - but I admire your passion!!

I love arguments like this, such as the following I could imagine happening if I ever met Bart:

Bart: "My car is the finest car of the 20th century"

Bazil: "No it's not. Don't be ridiculous"

Bart: "Yes it is - tell me a car that's better then."

Bazil: "OK. Is your car better than a Land Rover?"

Bart: "Of course - it's superior in every conceivable way."

Bazil: "So it's better for towing a horsebox across a ploughed field then?"

Bart: "Errrrrrr..."

·
Registered
180 Posts
LOL it s the better car because he lives in california...never rain or snow...
But I have to agree with Bart a 550 is an incredible, beautiful, very fast...car...

·
Registered
776 Posts
Though it looks as if a 355 is closest in my future, a 550 would most definately be on my list as a must get. I too love the 550 for it's style and presence. Bart is just lucky enough to have one already.

So, after I aquire a 355 or a 360, a 550 will be the next goal.

·
Registered
473 Posts
adlinyusman said:

At least you live in Malaysia, I live in the same state Bart lives in! - So I'm really scared :green:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The FIA set the record for the fartherst of a profduction car.

Opps. I am in my cups right now.

Bonzi. I get to drive it tomorrow and Friday. Hurray.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Bart said:
The FIA set the record for the fartherst of a profduction car.

Opps. I am in my cups right now.

Bonzi. I get to drive it tomorrow and Friday. Hurray.
Ok Bart what on earth are you talking about "Opps. I am in my cups right now." Do you live in a cup?

Derm :green:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cups refer to ones drinking of the sauce.

Old English I believe.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Bart said:
Cups refer to ones drinking of the sauce.

Old English I believe.
A cup of tea Bart!!! (Good old English custom)

Derm

·
Registered
473 Posts
adlinyusman said:
Dermot said:
adlinyusman said:

At least you live in Malaysia, I live in the same state Bart lives in! - So I'm really scared :green:
lol! i feel for you Dermot! But at least you can pop by and take a look at his passion!
Its a 400+ mile drive for that meeting adlinyusman, but if you are heading to Monterey/Pebblebeach this year Bart I'd love to meet up with you and see your wondrous automobile!

Derm

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like riding the teacups at disneyland.
Hey bart, can your 550 spin in circles like that?

Anyways, what I really want to see Bart attempt to beat is the amphicar...
Be sure to take lots of pics! :green:
Seriously though the 550 is a beautiful car, it's just... right. What more can I say?
Personally, I don't have an urge to purchase a prancing horse yet, but when I do, preference will still be given to my 911. Fact is that it's more 'economical' {rolls eyes}
Ahhh, anyways...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts