Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I agree with the article as I believe most will the newer Ferrari have lost it's overall sex appeal in my opinion the last sexy designed Ferrari's were the 348/355, F40/F50, Enzo.

If the looks matched the performance WOW....

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I agree with the article as I believe most will the newer Ferrari have lost it's overall sex appeal in my opinion the last sexy designed Ferrari's were the 348/355, F40/F50, Enzo.

If the looks matched the performance WOW....
I would have to agree with you on that one. I don't think Ferrari will top the 348/355, F40/F50, Enzo...I hope that they do top the looks of them. It would be nice to have out of the box Ferraris again. The 360 and F430 are very attractive in my opinion and they are spectacular in person. However, they don't have the "awwing" looks that the previous models mentioned have.

Chris

·
Registered
453 Posts
mixed feelings

The last beautiful Ferrari was the 355?

Mid-engine Ferraris may define the iconic Ferrari for some, but not for all fans. Indeed the 355 is beautiful.... but so are others.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
What about the 430 Scuderia? Sex on wheels, in my book. Helluvalot more attractive than an Enzo.

Onno
I definately must agree with you Onno, the Scuderia is simply gorgeous,especially the new spider. I do however have a soft spot for the Enzo,

Chris

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I definately must agree with you Onno, the Scuderia is simply gorgeous,especially the new spider. I do however have a soft spot for the Enzo,

Chris
Well, if this (see pics) is what you see in your rear view mirror, without warning, it shocks you a bit!!! 29 April 2007, the only time I saw one in action on the road (ironically - during a Ferrari meeting with 30 Ferraris, and the Enzo was not part of our meeting!).

But that shock definitely gives you a bit of a soft spot for it, it's just otherworldly if you see it amongst the Opels and Renaults on the public road. But for 1 million euro, I would buy a Scuderia and some other toys.

Photos taken by a mate, I'm driving the black BMW in the second pic, my brother's car. I didn't own my 550 then.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about the 430 Scuderia? Sex on wheels, in my book. Helluvalot more attractive than an Enzo_Onno
I agree, for me personally I would rather have a 430 Scuderia and/or F40 before thinking of an Enzo. Don't get me wrong, the Enzo is fantastic and looks even better in person but if I had the money right now there are other Ferrari models I would buy first :)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I partially agree, because like it was said, the 430 Scuderia has that sex appeal that all Ferraris should have

the Challenge Stradale also has it, and before that, the F355 had it, and before that many many others

I guess it is just that they don't "do the magic" in all of their cars, so in the current line up you have a Ferrari that gives you the "WOW, it's a Ferrari feeling" (the Scuderia), but you have Ferraris that are "just" great, but nothing else.

It is like that now and it was like that in the past. Not all Ferraris from the past have that "WOW" thing about them.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
As Ferrari has moved into main stream sales, they have attempted to accommodate many tastes instead of doing what they previously did and then let the world acclimate to their cars.

Frank Stephanson is gone and has taken much creativity with him.

Also, many changes have taken place at Pinninfarina especially with the recent and unexpected death of Pinninfarina's son! So their future is a bit in question.

They had been losing a huge amount of $ the past two years, and maybe Ferrari decided as a result to bring more of the styling inhouse. If the California is a harbinger of this, we may all be in trouble for future designs. This does not represent Ferrari style to me.

Earlier models are beautiful but I believe the styling reached its peak with the 360. The 430 is nice but certainly not as graceful as the 360.

The 612 is a strange animal far removed from the graceful 456 lines.

The 599 is a stunner for me so I have no issues with that

The Enzo had to be unusual, and it is. The FXX has lost it for me.

F40 & F50 never did it for me nor has the 550 or 575.

Let's hope better styling days will be here.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Well, if this (see pics) is what you see in your rear view mirror, without warning, it shocks you a bit!!! 29 April 2007, the only time I saw one in action on the road (ironically - during a Ferrari meeting with 30 Ferraris, and the Enzo was not part of our meeting!).

But that shock definitely gives you a bit of a soft spot for it, it's just otherworldly if you see it amongst the Opels and Renaults on the public road. But for 1 million euro, I would buy a Scuderia and some other toys.

Photos taken by a mate, I'm driving the black BMW in the second pic, my brother's car. I didn't own my 550 then.

Onno
Great pictures. That would more than shock me to see an Enzo in my rear view mirror.

Chris

·
Banned
12 Posts
Aerodynamics RULE

All modern cars suffer from the same gumdrop reality, imposed by aerodynamics.

Look at the (committee/wind tunnel data) revision of the 575 nose- vs the exquisite (human-designed) 550.

I drove three Ferraris from Monaco to the factory last month and, in Italy, all Ferraris are beautiful. I'll never forget being in the Scuderia, behind the 612 and 599. A family in the middle lane of the Autostrada had kids in the back seat who saw the first two cars. When Dad saw the Scuderia, even Mom turned around to glimpse it.
You can see the video at
http://www.laserradio.com/driver.html

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I don't mind the 430 scud spider it would be the only one out of the 430 I would even consider buying but to say it has more sex appeal then the Enzo????????? no way.

Just standing near an Enzo makes me quiver and when that monster fires up it's like a B1 bomber sitting next to you at full throttle nothing like it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
All modern cars suffer from the same gumdrop reality, imposed by aerodynamics.

Look at the (committee/wind tunnel data) revision of the 575 nose- vs the exquisite (human-designed) 550.

I drove three Ferraris from Monaco to the factory last month and, in Italy, all Ferraris are beautiful. I'll never forget being in the Scuderia, behind the 612 and 599. A family in the middle lane of the Autostrada had kids in the back seat who saw the first two cars. When Dad saw the Scuderia, even Mom turned around to glimpse it.
You can see the video at
http://www.laserradio.com/driver.html
I think all Ferraris are magical in their own way, good, bad, ugly.... but I agree about the 550 v 575. For me the 550 is purer.

·
Registered
300 Posts
When the 360 first came out i throught wow that look would make a great speed boat too wide too high what happen to the compact F-cars? but after a while like after 7 years is not sooo bad i guess! i can live with it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts