Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys the story is the folowing I have a friend and he things the Mercedes is the best in the world, I show him a lot of things proving the Ferrari is better but he dont believe me. Please help me with some arguments Thanx all

·
Registered
770 Posts
I don't think I can help - as personally I don't think Ferrari is better than Mercedes - they're just different.

If you want to do a track day - Ferrari is better.

If you want to take the wife and mother in law 400 miles - then Mercedes is better.

Actually - I've changed my mind - if you had to do that, you'd take the wife in the Ferrari and make the mother in law get the train... :green:

You're right - Ferrari is definitely better!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talk it from him I thing Mercedes is one type of car to cary wife dog bird etc but he start to say the Slr is better than Enzo I can't stay quiet hehe.Nice idea for mother in law hehuehue :lol:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think it is better to win the argument based on a car by car basis. In F1, Ferrari is better than Benz and everyone else. On the steet, there are really two different companies who make totally different cars for different purpose. If Benz could make car like Ferrari 360Modena or one like 575M, the 612 then we could argue point by point.
Ferrari makes performance cars and Benz makes Luxury Sadans and Sport saloons. I can speed away from a SL55 in my 360 and get to 140MPH while the SL55 still coming up to speed (they are just not comparable). If you compare SLR Benz with Enzo you soon realize that the Benz was designed for a lazy old man who likes to kick back and relax while doing 150 MPH with all kinds of creature comfort where as the Enzo is designed purely for performance and gets the driver involved at all times.

Sunjectively, one might like Benz over Ferrari or any other car! That being said there is no real win or lose in a subjective argument.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
very well said Matt

well you can't really compare the 2 marques, since they produce for different segments

but if you want to tell him a good example
here's one that happened today
F1 qualifying
Ferrari took 1 & 2 so that makes them the fastest & reliable
mercedes??
well
engine blew up
do i need to say more? :green:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Of course it is hard for me to compare because the only Ferrari I've ever driven is a 25 year old 308. We've got a Mercedes E-300 Turbo Diesel and I love it. 6 passenger, 38 mpg, the thing rides, handles and brakes awesome. The Ferrari, of course, handles and brakes awesome also, but it's like driving around in a go-cart or a race car (except at 5 mph - in a parking lot the thing handles like a truck.) If you are into performance driving and want the feel and the sound of something made for high speed driving then the Ferrari wins hands down for driving pleasure. If you want the smoothness of a performance luxury sedan, then it's the Mercedes.

If we are "going somewhere", we take the Mercedes. If we're just "going", we take the Ferrari.

I would like the opportunity to compare similar models of both makes at sometime. But for now I'd just say that I like them both, but for different reasons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
lol I'm sorry, although I just recently became a fan for ferrari and liked mercedes a lot in the past. Even a blind man can see that the Ferrari is in a totally different class. Ferrari's are EXOTIC CARS, and mercedes well....you can get one with 40G CDN :D.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i'm not even going to bother finishing reading this thread...

this is my opinion right here.

FERRARI AUTOMOBILES ARE THE
BEST
period .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its easy,

Take a photo from 10 Ferraris with the driver in it,
then take 100 photos from mercedes with driver in it,

Compare and you will see the difference,

The Ferrari drivers look 100 times happyer than the mercedes drivers...

am i right??????????????

Eddy

·
Registered
613 Posts
:green: Take a look at the Formula 1 races....

...can you imagine going on the highway (very slow because it just can't go faster) and your car suddenly does...

...PLOF!!! :green: :green: :green: :green: :wink:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Bart said:
According to Consumer Reports, the quality of recent MB sucked.
correct... ...my brother in law has got Mercedes as his costumer (he got a damage repair shop). He drives two new benzes himself, and both broke down within the first few months. One broke down twice... ...it's engine needed to be replaced after the second brakedown.

:nuts: He's says he keeps driving them because Benz is his biggest costumer...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts