Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The majority of "which Ferrari sounds the best" threads point to the F355 and 365 GTC as being the best sounding cars. But why is that? What is it that makes an F355 sound better than, say, a 348 or a 360? And why would any of them sound better than a 'Rossa or another V12?

Exhaust system usually plays the biggest part, but surely that can't explain it all. Is it intake? Headers? Valves per cylinder? Cam profile?

I always thought a flat-12 (from a Miura) was the most intoxicating car sound I'd ever heard. So, tell me why a F355 sounds better than a 512.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The article is good but does not fully answer the question: all Ferrari V8s since the Dino GT4 have flat cranks. The difference between a 355 and a 348 or 360 all comes down to acoustics, both at intake and exhaust.

If you throw V12s in, then you're looking a wholly different exhaust notes, just as different as a cross-plane V8 sounds vs a flat plane V8.

·
Registered
78 Posts
No doubt some of you would have heard my De-cat Capristo on www.zindigi.co.uk Its under "355 spider with Capristo" by Chaa (me) Which some say is the ultimate in 355 noise :) BUT! SteveF has a Fuchi exhaust fitted to his 512M and i think that sounds miles better than mine 8) We were both in the tunnel at Donnington this year and i reved my engine first and that was awsome, but then he reved his behind me and it was game over :cry: Great sound that 512 Fuchi :wink: Its down to the system being used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts