Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Well, on Friday last I did my best pigeon impression- I put down a deposit on a 1984 308 GTS QV :grin:. I've wanted one since I was twelve, and I decided it was now or never. I'll be taking it home in a few days' time.

Now, does anyone have any idea who will actually INSURE the thing for me? I had a look and found a list of insurers on the FOC UK website and it turns out the United Kingdom isn't all that united after all- the first three on the list (Lockton, AON and Heritage) say they don't quote for Norn Iron postcodes. I tried Carole Nash out of curiosity and they said the same thing.

I'm surprised they are allowed to get away with that; offering a service in one part of a country but not another. But anyways, can anyone point me in the direction of a company who WILL cover cars in NI (and preferably not shaft you in the process)?

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Try Abbey in Belfast. If you have 2 cars or more they have a policy called portfolio that covers all of them. It's not traders insurance but very like it as you can insure up to 6 cars at a time. I'll PM you the number.
Also footman James apparently cover N.I with classic insurance.

Oh and you might like to join the Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club while your at it, I'm the chairman of it. www.niimc.net

And if your thinking of joining the Ferrari Club UK check out first what they do over here as the last time I checked it wasn't to much.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Enz9_1, I'll give Abbey a shout in the morning. I had tried Footman James earlier; their site said they couldn't offer a QUICK quote for cars in Norn Iron, but it didn't say anything about whether they could offer a 'slow' one. I've just emailed them to ask whether they actually cover the area or not, and I'll put their answer on here when I receive it.

Oops! Suffering from premature posting syndrome there, sorry :blush: I'll check out your club site now. I guessed that the FOC wouldn't do much over here in the Land That Time Forgot, grrr.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Congrats on the purchase ITGuy. Nice to see another Irish member here. Welcome to F-Life. I'm insured with XS Direct - but that's in Dublin, so not sure if they cover N.I. Quite competitive if they do though.

Look forward to seeing some pics of your car up here soon. Love 308's especially the GTS. Best of luck with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.