Displacement 3.6 liters
Power 430 bhp at 8500rpm
Torque 279 lbs/ft at 5000 rpm

575 GTC
Bore & Stroke 90x78.6mm
Displacement 6.0 liters
Power 605 bhp at 6000rpm
Torque 540 lbs/ft at 5200 rpm

which do you think is faster around the Fiorano track ?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
looking at the specs it must be so obvious that there must be something more :lol: I guess the 360 handles better since it has a mid-engine, but I don't think it overhandles the 575, so I still go for the latter.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
What torque!
since these track cars are likely similar in weight: 575 8)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, considering that the 550 was beaten by the Porsches with their 6 cylinder engine in Le Mans this year, I believe that the 360 is faster!

do you have the answer to that challenge, boxer??

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Actually Boxer (I live for number and specs)

360GTC V8
Displacement cu in (cc) 366 (3586)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 445(328) / 8750
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 303(410) / 6500
BHP/Liter 124 bhp / liter
Valvetrain 5 valves / cylinder, DOHC
Weight lb (kg): 2424 (1100)

The engine is a 3586 cc 90 degree V8 which, because of the regulations has had its power output restricted to a certain extent. Despite carrying the obligatory 30.8 mm intake restrictors, Ferrari managed to get it to produce 445 bhp at 8750 rpm. The 360 GTC uses a six speed sequential gearbox as well.

575GTC V12
Displacement cu in (cc): 366 (5997)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 600(447) / 6300 (estimate)
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 539(730) / 5200 (estimate)
BHP/Liter 101 bhp / liter
Valvetrain 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC
Weight lb (kg): 2422 (1099)

The displacement of the 65° V12 has been increased to 5,997cc. The engine was enlarged to displace just under six litres and produce just over 600 bhp with the mandatory air-restrictors fitted. The 575 GTC uses a six speed sequential gearbox as well.

The 360 has more bhp per liter and the power curves are totally different, power and torque curves are little higher than the V12 so the 575 is kind of short on that end. V12 are designed to push the limits but it seems that the V8 revs higher. That means she shifts less in the straight and can stay in the same gear in curves because it has more room to play.

Power and torque are not the only thing that wins races. Only two things left to find out who is king of the track on paper (Driver not included)
Transmission ratio and who can out brake the other.

~My 2 cents~
(P.S. I have a racing background)

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Boxer, not really, worth 2 cents...remember im from Canada, our money isn't worth that much... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Like I said before....My posts are like the plague...lol I post and the topic ends...... :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Maybe I should not give too much information and leave people in the dark....hahaha!!!! Just like at work....the secret to promotions.....hahaha!!! :green: :green: :green:

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
magnum6464 said:
Boxer, not really, worth 2 cents...remember im from Canada, our money isn't worth that much... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, I am still trying to figure out how I am going to get my change back :wink: :wink:

My assumption is braking power will be equal and therefore the 575 GTC would be ther faster of the two.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Boxer said:
Sorry, I am still trying to figure out how I am going to get my change back :wink: :wink:
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny, very funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really think the 575 GTC...interesting...Why ?

Im kind of leaning towards the 360 GTC just because of the higher rev range. More room to play means less worries about shifting up then down again, 1-2 seconds is lost doing that every time.

"get my change back", hell that's funny !

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Stradale said:
The 360GTC has never beaten nor out-qualified the 575GTC in any of the FIA GT race series. That says it all!
Cool, where did you read that ! Can you send me the link ?
I live for that kind of info :lol:

I went to a local track a few years back with my 93 MR2 Turbo with a guy who had a 95 Porsche 911 with more HP and Torque and around the track, I was 3 secs faster. I had 200-200 and he had 270-243 (hp-lbs) :green:

Needless to say, he wasn’t a happy camper ! He demanded I open my rear hatch, trunk and hood (he was looking for performance parts or Nitrous)

See with two very different cars, mine was lighter, higher redline, faster slalom, out braked him. Being only .9 secs slower than the Porsche on the ¼ mile, he had an extra gear (6) and spent more time shifting and slowing down. He had more power but was slower. :green:

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I found this on the Fiat GT site

Most Victories per Car Car Victories

Chrysler Viper GTS 39
Porsche 996 GT3 29
Ferrari 550 Maranello 22
Ferrari 360 Modena 14
Porsche 996 GT3-RS 12
Lister Storm 12
Mercedes CLK GTR 8
Mercedes CLK LM 8
Porsche 911 GT2 6
McLaren F1 GTR 5
Maserati MC 12 5
Porsche 996 GT3-RSR 5
Saleen S7 3
Ferrari 575 M Maranello 2
Aston Martin DBR9 1

http://www.fiagt.com/stats.php?event=9&season=2005

Im going to keep looking !
Love this stuff...

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Im sure you guys dont know this but I am a huge motorcycle fanatic.
Cycle world did a road test with a Yamaha YZF1000 vs. a Viper (shown there with the most wins...)
They took both of them to Willow Springs Raceway and tested them to the limit in every possible category; slalom, skidpad, 0-60, 60-0, lap times etc.
When all the smoke cleared the only thing that the Viper had won against the Yamaha was lap times (and it only beat the Yammy by a fraction of a second) and roadholding because of its ridiculously wide tires. Ironically, if the viper wouldn’t have enlarged the grooves in the baking hot sun of the Mojave desert in turn 9 at willow, the bike probably would have won.
In one of the last tests of the day the Viper blew up, and they rode the Yamaha home.

Many of these cars are amazing, but they will never hold a candle to the engineering that goes into the modern-day sportbikes.
Most of these bikes that are only 1000cc's are making over 160 hp and weigh about 450 lbs, and these are stock bikes.
Some of the two-stroke race bikes made by Honda are tipping the scales at 350 lbs, over 200 hp. and capable of over 200 mph.
If you want a REAL ride, if you want a REAL thrill.... ride a two stroke moto GP bike at 130 mph leaving turn 9 at Willow Springs, while dragging parts of your body.....

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Sports bikes are the only thing im not allowed to own. My wife said NO... :cry:

She has never said no to anything I have ever bought or was thinking of buying. Here in Canada the roads are ok for fast cars (most places) but not the best for bikes. Also insurance is $2000.00 to $5000.00 per year well, 6 months (because of our winters) and it has to be paid in one shot.
Hell a 70K Ferrari is only $950.00 per year for full coverage.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
dude, you´re loosing the best part of driving!! bikes rule everything!!!!!

but don´t buy a bike, your wife is right: you´re going to be a father, you should not do anything that dangerous

it is as fun as it is dangerous!!! :D

and it is much cheaper then cars!!

here you can buy a NICE bike with 35 thousand US dollars (new)

a 360 Modena (also new) costs about 550 thousand US dollars

and yes, the bike is much faster!!

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
stile - alpine said:
but don´t buy a bike, your wife is right: you´re going to be a father, you should not do anything that dangerous

here you can buy a NICE bike with 35 thousand US dollars (new)

a 360 Modena (also new) costs about 550 thousand US dollars
My wife knows me too well...I love speed so a bike is out of the question. My truck is rock stable at 160 km and I used to bring my 93 MR2 over 200km once in a while (Alone on the road and in the car) She knows I will drop the hammer when I get my Ferrari...hell that's what they are made for :green:

Bikes and ATV'shere are 10-15K US
360 Modena 200K US
It's cheaper to buy a Ferrari in Canada, crate it and ship it to Brazil !!! :green:

Here are some pics I found on the net. My truck is identical to that one but mine has side tube bars. I also added pics of my Honda Foreman 450s ATV (4 wheeler)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, the problem of buying a Ferrari in Canada and shipping it to Brazil is that, when it gets here, you´ll have to pay the taxes anyway

and the taxes are about 120% the value of the car, so it would go to about 450 thousand US dollars, plus the price you would have to pay for the shipping :eek:

easier to move to Europe, Canada, USA, or somewhere else where taxes are more reasonable!! :roll:

I´m not much of a truck fan, but that´s a nice truck... Pete will probably like it!! :D

I used to "drop the hammer", as you said, more often when I was a bit younger (2 or 3 years ago)

now I just enjoy my life too much to take chances like that... I already have too much danger in my life just by riding a motorcycle everyday!!

but it is nice to see the world passing by the window at 200 km/h... I did that a few times :green:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts