Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Comrades All,

We have all witnessed the huge appreciation in some models of Ferrari in recent times. For example, the California at circa five and a half million pounds. But which Ferrari models are likely to show the most depreciation and appreciation during this period of financial constraint?

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I have been watching the prices of some contemporary models. I would say that the 360, 550, 575, 430, 599 will depreciate significantly (the exceptions IMO being the Stradale, Superamerica and the Scuderia). The 308, 328, 348, TR, 456 will depreciate moderately in the short term.

As for appreciate, that is harder to predict, although I have noticed that the asking prices of 250 GT California Spyders have gone up a wee bit! I would sit on the fence and say that the prices of older/vintage models will stay relatively flat in the short term, however depending on how the individual desire for liquidity pans out in the run up to Christmas we may see a softening of asking prices in the early part of next year!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
One car that is definitely appreciating in the US would be the Enzo. It has gone from $1,200,000 USD up to around $1,500,000-$1,700,000 this year alone:eek:

Chris

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I have been watching the prices of some contemporary models. I would say that the 360, 550, 575, 430, 599 will depreciate significantly (the exceptions IMO being the Stradale, Superamerica and the Scuderia). The 308, 328, 348, TR, 456 will depreciate moderately in the short term.

I'd say that's a good call T1f. Or at least I hope so:cool:

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Onno, the Barchetta is a very unloved Ferrari for some reason (maybe the poor looking roof), but I wonder if the Superamerica is also unloved?

I find it amazing that all those great cars derived from the Maranello (including the 500 itself) are so depreciated

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I have heard many comments that people don't like the roof set-up on the SA - it looks rather ungainly. But the biggest issue is that the SA is just a 575 with a little more power and a funky roof. There is otherwise nothing special about it (compared to the 575), and I think people will recognise that.

Why the 550 family in general is depreciating fast? It is the way with all V12's from Ferrari (except the supercars): they are more grand tourers and have less immediate sex appeal. People in the market for a second-hand F seem less attracted to them. Only 20 or 30 years later do people start to appreciate them...

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Wow @ the Enzo prices skyrocketing. Maybe they are becoming more popular so with such a short supply and increasing demand....

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Don't forget that Enzo supply is also dwindling. I'm guessing we're down to 375 of them, or less... At least when they go out, they go out with a bang!!

Onno
It is amazing at how they are going out to. at least a 100 mph when colliding with a wall.:rolleyes:

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I heard recently that 65 have now been written off....
That is just heartbreaking!

This is a question that is perplexing me (just a little :eek: ), if we accept that prices are falling for some models, than when is a good time to buy?

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Life is short, buy when you can afford it.
Absolutely agree. If you have the money, why wait until your situation get's even better. Guess what? It might get worse and then you'll never have the Ferrari.

T1f, Nick Cartwrights got a nice 89 ABS 328 GTS with 15K on the clock for £35K - buy it;)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Absolutely agree. If you have the money, why wait until your situation get's even better. Guess what? It might get worse and then you'll never have the Ferrari.

T1f, Nick Cartwrights got a nice 89 ABS 328 GTS with 15K on the clock for £35K - buy it;)
Yes - carpe diem is an old saying but it's not a cliche as too few people put it into practice.

@Boxer - wow, 65 already written off? Amazing! If 250 GTO's would have been treated that way back in the day then we wouldn't have had any left. But, mind you, I think people in those days still knew how to drive a car. That remark is a little tongue in cheek, but you all know what I mean. Basically the Enzo's problem is that it is too capable and doesn't give the driver early warning signs he's a bloody idiot about to.............. overstep the line. The permanent line. I still like the thought that one Enzo owner had - he put a big sticker on the dashboard that said "REMEMBER! YOU ARE NOT MICHAEL SCHUMACHER!". I think he called it right.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Yes - carpe diem is an old saying but it's not a cliche as too few people put it into practice.

@Boxer - wow, 65 already written off? Amazing! If 250 GTO's would have been treated that way back in the day then we wouldn't have had any left. But, mind you, I think people in those days still knew how to drive a car. That remark is a little tongue in cheek, but you all know what I mean. Basically the Enzo's problem is that it is too capable and doesn't give the driver early warning signs he's a bloody idiot about to.............. overstep the line. The permanent line. I still like the thought that one Enzo owner had - he put a big sticker on the dashboard that said "REMEMBER! YOU ARE NOT MICHAEL SCHUMACHER!". I think he called it right.

Onno
Right on, Onno. Jimmy

1 - 20 of 48 Posts