Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm thinking about buying a 1987 328 GTS and wondered if anyone can recommend which model is the best purchase proposition?
I think ABS was introduced in 1988 but apart from that were there any other must have modifications/ improvements on later models that enhance the driving experience and maybe influence the buying decision?
Is there anything specific i should look out for when purchasing and basically does anyone have any good advice?
Thanks for your help.
Regards
Charlie
ps This would be my first Ferrari and i want it to be a great experience!

·
Registered
78 Posts
A 1989 328GTS was my second ferrari, its a great car with a few revisions over the earlier models. The ABS was good and the interea was nice and neat. There is one thing that i found a problem when i first drove my 328 for a few weeks, and that was i keept putting the bloody thing into reverse at the traffic lights becourse of the dog leg box:( Watch out for that dude its easyly done. But all in all a great great car, and a very good first ferrari;)

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
If the 328 is like the 512 BB, it is not a light gearbox. All shifts need to be done with a firm hand and the extra effort to engage reverse is not much more than that which you would normally exert. Net net, if you are not used to the dog leg box, ending up in reverse by mistake is pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
On the 328 don't you have to apply pressure on the stick and push it down (towards the ground) then engage reverse?
Thats the theory, but on the gear change gate there is a little lip that stops the car from going into reverse, but this wears so there for allows the engaging of reverse if as Boxer above says you are not used to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts