Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to do up a car with ferrari style. And need to find a few gauges. I know I could probly find some from 80s ferraris, but the Turbo Ferraris are all pretty rare, so where to find a boost gauge?

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
You might try:
http://www.speedometerplus.com
or:
http://www.paspeedo.com

What kind of a car are you doing? You are right, the boost gauge would be hard to come by. You might be better off with a sporty, aftermarket gauge rather than a Ferrari gauge. It would be cheaper anyway. The fuel, oil and temperature gauges run around $120-150 each and that is just for the gauge, the sending unit is separate.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be for a second gen RX-7, take out the HVAC controls and make a panel for 3 gauges. The stock gauges are very similar

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
MeanRex said:
It would be for a second gen RX-7, take out the HVAC controls and make a panel for 3 gauges. The stock gauges are very similar
It would be cool to upgrade the guages, but please don't put guages with the Cavallino in a Mazda. That is being a wanker as an Aussie would say.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Andrew,
I don't see a problem with putting Ferrari gauges in a RX-7, as long as the car remains a Mazda and he doesn't put Ferrari body parts and Emblems on the outside and try to pass it off as a "Replica". :D :D

Actually, I still think an aftermarket gauge would be cheaper, look just as nice and probably be more reliable. There are some real nice aftermarket gauges out there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, the gauges do match, and there are some other likenesses, along with 288 gto being my favorite ferrari ever, but appears im buying an older RX-7.
Just so happens that its Ferrari Fly Yellow, weird, eh?

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Coincedence? It just so happens that when I re-do my Jeep I am painting it Rosso Corsa. :green:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts