Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Paddles

hi there!
the f1 in "360 f1" means it has a paddlingshifting gearbox. you change gears with paddles behind the steeringwheel. upshit on the right side, and downshit on the left side. the car doesn't have a clutchpedal but it's still a manual gearbox (some people like to call it a semi-automatic). but you can, if you want to, put the transmition in automatic mode. but as i wrote earlier, it's still basicly a manual transmition. a little confusing i know. hope this helps. i think my facts are correct! :)

/hazte

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
hazte is right

take a look behind the steering wheel and you´ll see the paddles

:wink:

·
Registered
509 Posts
You can also put it in fully automatic mode as well.

·
Registered
509 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
javaman said:
thanks. that clears up quite a few things.

What is the general consencus on these types of transmissions? Do we like them? What is the most popular out there?
I prefer manual shift

I´ve heard that the F1 gear of the F355 had some problems, but that they were solved in the other models

it´s a matter of taste

I like to hear that metal noise when you shift

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Remember this: with a paddle, your left leg has nothing to do unless you are a left foot braker. Darn, I hate following a left foot braker.

8)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Bart said:
Remember this: with a paddle, your left leg has nothing to do unless you are a left foot braker. Darn, I hate following a left foot braker.

8)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks Bart!! I´ll use that quote whenever I meet paddle lovers

·
Registered
18 Posts
FunkyJunc said:
Dr. Bob said:
FunkyJunc said:
not true :)
I think if you hit the Auto button it goes into full automaic mode. Ive never owned one, nor have I ever hit that button, but I always assumed it would go into full auto mode.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/c/j/cjj130/Storage/F1.png
i think you will find that actually only the 575maranello and the 612 scagleitti have the Automatic override. In the 360 that button is the reverse button.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my Celica GT-S it has something similar. Except there are buttons on the wheel that say up/down. I know theres a big difference in Toyota and Ferrari lmao but yeah it's all the same shifting principle.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
360_Spider said:
FunkyJunc said:
Dr. Bob said:
FunkyJunc said:
not true :)
I think if you hit the Auto button it goes into full automaic mode. Ive never owned one, nor have I ever hit that button, but I always assumed it would go into full auto mode.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/c/j/cjj130/Storage/F1.png
i think you will find that actually only the 575maranello and the 612 scagleitti have the Automatic override. In the 360 that button is the reverse button.
Do they actually have an automatic mode? :-?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes but it is supposed to be usless. They used to make an Automatic version of the 456 you know. :-?

see the buttons on the centre console, look at the one on the left as we are looking that says Auto (i know it is hard to read anyone got better pics plz!) :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
trust me that picture is from a 575 Maranello, look at where the radio is, it is flat on the centre panel in the 575 and 550 maranello's only and on a 360 Modena and Spider the dials are in cases.

That is a 360 Modena interior and trust me, i have been in a Spider i know what it loooks like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 360 and that's the 360 interior, you can see on the glovebox where it says 360 modena. I prefer the 6 speed as opposed to the paddles, you can "feel" the car much better!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Duh

if you look at the sides of the steering wheel, you will see a "paddle". its called "paddle shifters". they started on the 360 modena as an option. as seen in the enzo also, as well as the 612 scaglietti, 360 spyder, and F430. the auto button turns it into "semiauto" mode. it means you have the option to shift but it will shift if you don't. i have driven a 360 spyder and enzo and love it, for city driving! if you want a CAR! get the stndard transmission.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
One of the things that bothers me about the paddle shifter is the fact that it is an $11,000 option. Why the heck does it cost so much? That is about the same price as a brand new Ford Focus. For what it costs Ferrari to make this transmission Ford can make an entire car.

·
Registered
509 Posts
You're losing sight of the fact that the car itself new costs as much as a small house. 200k for a car and you're concerned with paddles. Im thinking that stiching is 24k gold.

Alas, Im still in love ... sigh :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts