Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of these HRE:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,882 Posts
Mark- The third set you show looks like the OEM 458/16M style of wheel, which I always thought was very attractive. I prefer silver, but they look pretty good dark, too. Good news is these have only been running about $5K if you use the right vendor. Plus they are OEM Ferrari.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mark- The third set you show looks like the OEM 458/16M style of wheel, which I always thought was very attractive. I prefer silver, but they look pretty good dark, too. Good news is these have only been running about $5K if you use the right vendor. Plus they are OEM Ferrari.
Can you suggest a vendor for that price range? I agree silver, to match the oem stripe color, but yellow caps. One set it on eBay, but 8500 asking or best offer. I doubt, but you never know if Ferrari of New Jersey would discount down to 5k. Maybe Exoticarauto?

I think the ADV1's would also look great, if you could get them to make a set flat, and not so concaved in. One guy just bought a set, made a video on YouTube, but then right when the camera was going to show the side of the car, he turns it off, lol.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

The only potential problem with the HRE and others if you go stock 19inch in front, but then go 20 inch in back is the need for 345/25/20 tires to keep the rear rim/tire diameter in check, both Underground Racing cars above and Novitec's wheel package go this big. Guess I would need to talk to them about potential fender rubbing issues with their recommended offsets.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My GF loves the BBS F1, thinks they look like spider webs. Finally got a photo of a Scud with the ADV5 SL: The ADV's look so much "meatier" than the 16m forged to me. I like the look of the thicker spokes on the coupe, but 16m forged look great on the 16m. Does anyone else think the front offset looks a little too aggressive?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,882 Posts
Mark- Chris Knoppe at Exoticarauto is your best bet, like you surmised. Several friends of mine have bought wheels from him and been completely satisfied.

He will probably take your OEM Scud wheels in trade, too, since there is big demand for those from 360 and F430 owners. They fit both perfectly, too.

Chris is the one who helped me build the OEM wheel list below.

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mark- Chris Knoppe at Exoticarauto is your best bet, like you surmised. Several friends of mine have bought wheels from him and been completely satisfied.

He will probably take your OEM Scud wheels in trade, too, since there is big demand for those from 360 and F430 owners. They fit both perfectly, too.

[email protected]
Yeah, just sent him an email. So Taz, what do you think of the ADV's on the red Scuderia? Here are the weights they sent me:

19x8.5 front = 19 lbs (including center cap)
19x11 rear = 24.5 lbs (including center cap)

The BBS F1 are supposedly:

19"x8.75, offset 50 (FI010); weight: 7.4 kg
19"x12, offset 50 (FI012); weight: 8.9 kg

I am not going to track the car in all likelyhood, so this would be for me purely cosmetic, and bragging rights if lighter wheels do make any significant improvements in accelaration?

Capristo Headers would probably be a better investment. Trying to not get carried away with upgrades.​

·
Premium Member
11,882 Posts
Mark- The ADVs are almost as good looking as the OEM wheels, which are forged. For the same or similar money, I would rather have the OEM wheels.

Who made the center-lock wheels? I like the center lock feature.

One set you missed are the Novitec NF3s, but they are $10K+.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm always wary of threads where people seek others' opinions on something like this, for two reasons: one, I think people only want to receive positive feedback; and two, I think people shouldn't care what other people think, as long as they're happy with whatever they're doing (unless you're inquiring about product quality, etc.). With that said, I think those wheels look great on the white Scuderia, but only okay on the red one. And I think the wheels on the Grigio Silverstone Scuderia (with the yellow stripes) look awful; it looks like someone put CGT wheels on a Ferrari. The 16M wheels look great, but the red center caps are throwing me off, and the wheels in post seven just look downright bad ass. I really think the aftermarket wheel choice should be specific to the look of the car. The shade of lipstick a hooker wears might not look as good on my mother (then again...)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm always wary of threads where people seek others' opinions on something like this, for two reasons: one, I think people only want to receive positive feedback; and two, I think people shouldn't care what other people think, as long as they're happy with whatever they're doing (unless you're inquiring about product quality, etc.). With that said, I think those wheels look great on the white Scuderia, but only okay on the red one. And I think the wheels on the Grigio Silverstone Scuderia (with the yellow stripes) look awful; it looks like someone put CGT wheels on a Ferrari. The 16M wheels look great, but the red center caps are throwing me off, and the wheels in post seven just look downright bad ass. I really think the aftermarket wheel choice should be specific to the look of the car. The shade of lipstick a hooker wears might not look as good on my mother (then again...)
LOL, I thought the same on the red center caps. I am seeking advice, because if I ever sell the car, would do it with the stock wheels, and sell off the aftermarket one's. Just curious which would be easy to sell. Also if anyone has dealt with any of the vendors and had problems. There has been talk about the BBS F1 for example being too light, and not suitable for track, which would worry me that they may not take a pothole too well. Pretty scary when they are $8000 + a set.

Will see what Chris has to say.

·
Premium Member
11,882 Posts
Carbon- I agree on the red wheel centers on the 458/16M wheels, but luckily there are many choices for centers. This does not even include the stock yellow centers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Carbon- I agree on the red wheel centers on the 458/16M wheels, but luckily there are many choices for centers. This does not even include the stock yellow centers.
Yeah, but if only Ferrari would do the carbon shields for the F430 and Scuderia. Sad they are still only available for the 599GTB. Strange you can't get the front emblem for the 599GTB in the same carbon design, but I am sure Ferrari wants a bit of yellow somewhere on the exterior?:wall:

Anyone know how to photoshop? Would like to see the last picture, the red Scuderia in black with the ADV's with yellow caps. Spendy little wheels, ADV says list is $$7750 plus their specific titanium bolts at $1000 / set. Said stock titanium bolts will not set in well with their wheels. Oh well, patience / research / and due dilligence usually results in a better purchase decision.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

[email protected]
He is currently sold out on the 16m wheels, but he will check when he gets back from vacation.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mark- The ADVs are almost as good looking as the OEM wheels, which are forged. For the same or similar money, I would rather have the OEM wheels.

Who made the center-lock wheels? I like the center lock feature.

One set you missed are the Novitec NF3s, but they are $10K+.
The center-lock are HRE, done custom for a customer.

·
Premium Member
11,882 Posts
Mark- Looks like they tried to duplicate the Enzo center locks and then screwed up and painted part of it red or left it red anodized.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mark- Looks like they tried to duplicate the Enzo center locks and then screwed up and painted part of it red or left it red anodized.
Looks cool though if you have red brake calipers, unfortunately that Scuderia has yellow. Still looks cool IMO, necessary, absolutely not.

·
Premium Member
11,882 Posts
Mark- Affirmative, I tried to fit a set of NF1 centerlocks to my 575M, but they only fit the 360 and F430. The axles on the 575 were way bigger than those on the V8s. So I sold them. NF1 and NF2 wheels are copies of the Enzo wheels. Pretty, but very heavy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey, but they would be very stable if I ever decided to risk 190 + mph. :) Still only been 140 mph max ever, with me driving that is.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts