Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently became the (third) lucky owner of an f360. My previous two cars were porsches. I am loving Ferrari ownership but find that as a daily driver the 360 can be a little challenging. My biggest gripe is the unwanted attention trhat the car causes. Don’t get me wrong. I dig the gawking to some degree, but I’d like to have more control of it.

I’m considering getting a Porsche again for those time I don’t need/want the attention. Of course I’ve been spoiled by the sound of my midengine V8. I think that any porche, even the turbo S would not even cut it. It would still need some work to keep up.

I was researching some tuner conversions and came up with One of these conversions

What do you guys think?

I bet I’m not alone in my thinking.

How many other drive porsches as a “daily driver”. Those that do, how much extra do you have to do it to keep yourself from not just grabbing the fcar keys again??

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well, you'll still get attention in a Porsche - even more so in a tuned Porsche. You'll also, even with a tuned Porsche, still want a Ferrari again.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I've got 2 "toys" as you can see in my signature. My daily driver is a Dodge Ram 2500, My wife's is an E-class M-B.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Tinbomber, why don't you get a cheap beater for daily driving and keep your 360? You don't have to drive a supercar everywhere you go. Get an E36 BMW or something, or even an E30.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My daily driver is either my 4 door Duramax Chevrolet truck or my Landcruiser as Ferrari's are not year round cars in Colorado, besides why deal with constant stone chips, and bumper to bumper rush hour in your fun car, not to mention exponentially increasing the odds of it getting hit.

Mikel

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Do you ever have a need for 4 doors? I think a Porsche as a daily driver would work well. Other ideas would be to look at a sedan like a Lexus. I personally like Lexus more than BMW and Mercedes but that is just me. If you wanted an agressive daily driver the M3 or M5 would also work well and they hold their value really well.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I honestly think you should buy an older BMW or something and keep the 360. You actually don't need a BMW at all -- the best, and cheapest thing to do would be to buy an older Honda or something. You can find, though, a cheap 1989+ BMW (even an E36) for less than $5k. You'd be riding in luxury, style (obviously not as much as a Porsche, but you have a Ferrari to go home to) and it would be reliable as long as it's not a 7-series.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have had too many the past year. Right now I am driving along in a 1995 VW Golf GL. I can't leave my cars alone however, so it has Koni full coilover suspension and is turbocharged.

·
Registered
63 Posts
For me, I have a beater for every day driving. For example, I had a brand new Infiniti FX which I dumped in order to get my Ferrari. In place of the FX, I bought a late model Saab 900S. It was a no brainer. Dump the Infin and get a Ferrari and a daily driver. Two for the price of one.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Keep The 360 !!!

My daily driver is a .....77' F250 4X4.....looks like a old farm truck. How embarassing. The possibilities are endless for your daily driver. Only you know what will suit your needs. Something more utilitarian prehaps?

Cheers!

Kurt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts