Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
No idea, but I think it might be some DIY work. Looks like a Testarossa engine installed, which I assume is not the most perfect engine for serious sportscar racing.

Niels

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well there where about 5-6 of those opens sports cars
Unfortuanally i didn't get a chance to talk to any of the owners

·
Registered
824 Posts
Six???? Wow, they are well hidden then! I never saw one before and am puzzled by it. I know that some Sportcars used Ferrari engines like Kuzma and Lancia in the eighties and I believe also Riley & Scott and some others more recently, but they do not look like this. I don't think they would even have a Ferrari badge on the nose like these cars!

Who knows what this might be or where it is used for?

Niels

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was suprised also, i have no clue what they are and in what they raced??? :-?

here are some of the others

·
Registered
44 Posts
Help me out here, guys. How do I view the pics of these cars? The only link I see is to DJ's FerrariPhoto.net, but not to any specific photos. What am I doing wrong? :question:

BTW, I did eventually see what you were talking about when someone posted it with another Ferrari message group and asked what it was but that was only one photo. Where can I see the other photos? You have to understand, I'm still a little green. :green:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nevermind! As soon as I logged in to post that message, voila! Let me take a look and see if I have any info on these cars. :lol:

·
Registered
824 Posts
So your on Telaio as well! I sent it out to find out more and the replies range from Renault Spider based to totally replica. I find the engine weird for a Ferrari since quattrovalvole is named something like cinquevalvole!

Niels

·
Registered
44 Posts
Niels, yes I am also on Telaio. I didn't see any of the responses except for, I think it was Marcel, who just blew it off. They might have responded directly to you or it might be because I have recently switched to the new "Geezer" list with the modern list only coming as a digest once a day.

Anyway, the engine is definitely that of the 355, hence the 5-valve stamping. Here is a picture of a 355 engine. No doubt, they are the same. The car does look like the Renault Spider, but I can find no reference to any mating of Renault Spiders and 355 motori. Very interesting.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Niels, Lwausbrooks

thanks for looking around also.
I'm totally puzzeled what these are and in what categorie they race(d).

And they do not resemble a Renault Spyder that hard IMO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts