Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have loved Ferrari's for many years and now have the opportunity to purchase one. This is a dream come true!!

The car in question is an 82 308 GTSi. I am completely new to Ferrari. Can anyone tell me what to look/check for when I go drive it?

Also, what ballpark annual maintenance am I looking at?

Thank you! All help is appreciated. If you'd like, you may reply here or to: [email protected]

PS... here's the car in question!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
don't buy the first car you see. The search is half the fun. Inspect a few cars, drive a few so you know how they should behave/perform, and you will see a few weak points. If you find a car that is the one for you, get a PPI done so you will know or there are no stories with the car.

http://www.ferrariforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3480
this is the topic about the car 308chas bought, only that is a 308 GTB QV, so one version later.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I wish you luck in getting your 1st Ferrari. The 308 GTSi is a solid car.

Things to look for:

records - did the owner maintain it well, dealer serviced?
records - was the car ever in a wreck?
cosmetic - pretty easy look at the car carefully.

Of course drive the car to make sure it runs well. One last thing, be sure to have the car checked out by garage to make sure the car doesn't have any mechanical secrets you can't see with a naked (non-mechanic) eye. Also if this is the first car you've looked at that isn't neccessarily a bad thing, just be sure this is the right 308GTSi for you. Best of luck and let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ksteak,

I just bought my first Ferrari last week, all I can say is that your gonna love it. I bought an 85 308GTSI euro spec car. I've come from having owned many Porsches and all I can say is that if you want a real sports car experience get your self a Ferrari.

You may want to look at some of the euro spec models, they have a few more h.p. and some smaller front and rear bumpers.

Make sure your car has records and has been well maintained. I can't be hipocritical and say to "drive many"........I bought the first one I drove. I couldn't pass it up for the $$.........it is an almost perfect car.

Good luck with your search, I can now say there is nothing like a Ferrari :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts