Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An extension of Boxer42's subject about the best 2+2 Ferrari on the market...what makes a Ferrari great? What makes it stand out from the other Ferraris? Engine? Feeling you get when driving? History? I'd like to hear everyone's opinion.

·
Registered
300 Posts
To me, a Ferrari is a combination of a body to die for, a performant engine and a great history. It's the penultimate example of automotive art.
ps. hopefully MS can add to that history today :green:

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boxer42 said:
One other qualification I would add, is that it has to stand the test of time (minimum 10 years post launch) and the market (long term values should rise after the initial 7-9 year depreciation period).
How would the Dino 246 GT fit this mold? It certainly has to stand the test of time. How will the Testarossa fit? I think this car is going to take a pounding in the future. Its' style is not aging well.

·
Administrator
15,183 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
Boxer42 said:
One other qualification I would add, is that it has to stand the test of time (minimum 10 years post launch) and the market (long term values should rise after the initial 7-9 year depreciation period).
How would the Dino 246 GT fit this mold? It certainly has to stand the test of time. How will the Testarossa fit? I think this car is going to take a pounding in the future. Its' style is not aging well.
:eek:ha: Give the steady rise in Dino 246 values over the last decade and the general high, and steady demand for them, I would nominate it as one of the "greats". On the Testarossa :roll: , it is now almost 20 years post launch and they are worth about half what a Dino 246 can command. I have not seen much indication that Testarossa prices are heading north any time soon and the market does not seemed to have embraced them as either classic or timeless.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The reason I brought up the Dino is there was a time where the car did not fit our description. I believe it wasn't until about 3 years ago these cars began to be appreciated for what they were. Prior to that they were a "Dino" so people didn't like to look at them as a true Ferrari. A few years later....oh my that is beautiful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.