Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An extension of Boxer42's subject about the best 2+2 Ferrari on the market...what makes a Ferrari great? What makes it stand out from the other Ferraris? Engine? Feeling you get when driving? History? I'd like to hear everyone's opinion.

·
Registered
300 Posts
To me, a Ferrari is a combination of a body to die for, a performant engine and a great history. It's the penultimate example of automotive art.
ps. hopefully MS can add to that history today :green:

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
The great ones have a combination of performance (engine, handling, & soundtrack) & styling that is timeless. The driving experience has to be both outstanding and completely engaging. The performance has to be at or near the top of sports car market, and meet factory claims, when launched.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boxer42 said:
One other qualification I would add, is that it has to stand the test of time (minimum 10 years post launch) and the market (long term values should rise after the initial 7-9 year depreciation period).
How would the Dino 246 GT fit this mold? It certainly has to stand the test of time. How will the Testarossa fit? I think this car is going to take a pounding in the future. Its' style is not aging well.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Easy - they're all great.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
Boxer42 said:
One other qualification I would add, is that it has to stand the test of time (minimum 10 years post launch) and the market (long term values should rise after the initial 7-9 year depreciation period).
How would the Dino 246 GT fit this mold? It certainly has to stand the test of time. How will the Testarossa fit? I think this car is going to take a pounding in the future. Its' style is not aging well.
:eek:ha: Give the steady rise in Dino 246 values over the last decade and the general high, and steady demand for them, I would nominate it as one of the "greats". On the Testarossa :roll: , it is now almost 20 years post launch and they are worth about half what a Dino 246 can command. I have not seen much indication that Testarossa prices are heading north any time soon and the market does not seemed to have embraced them as either classic or timeless.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reason I brought up the Dino is there was a time where the car did not fit our description. I believe it wasn't until about 3 years ago these cars began to be appreciated for what they were. Prior to that they were a "Dino" so people didn't like to look at them as a true Ferrari. A few years later....oh my that is beautiful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts