Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the fastest you have driven, and what car were you driving?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've probably gone the slowest out of everyone here. 1998 Pontiac Firebird 118 mph.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
The speedometer in my car only goes up to 85 mph, so I guess 85 mph is the fastest I've ever gone. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
110 MPH -- 2007 F430 Spider

I have only put 150 miles on it...

I am signed up for driving school and then some track time.

My goal is take it to the salt plains and top it out at 190 or whatever R&T says the thing can do.

Hopefully, I will not flip it over like Richard did to his Enzo

http://jalopnik.com/cars/news/another-enzo-with-a-brokeback-utah-rally-claims-ferrari-191726.php

or catch on fire like these three F430's did:

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/430/430_20070720_007.shtml

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/430/430_20060818_003.shtml

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/430/430_20060818_001.shtml

Wish me luck...

I am considering track insurance and increasing life insurance.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen those F430 pictures before:eek: Rediculus

Good luck, and have fun pushing your car to the limit, I am sure it will be amazing!:woohoo:

PS-I hope those are the only pictures of the F430 bursting into flames

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ciao tutti

What is the fastest you have driven, and what car were you driving?
Awesome thread dude....saaaaaaay your not a (sniff sniff)cop are you..:p
Again someone has hacked into my computer this is not me posting
I mean this is not him (yeah that about covers it.)

I hit 110mph in the summer almost weekly going to the lake I hit 130 mph so many times I lost count I hit 140 mph at least 10 times but my absolute fastest is 155mph or 250kmph of which I hit twice in my life (so far he he)
The first about 14 yrs ago in my rare 78 911 eurosport I was taking people for rips during an Airshow and someone wanted to film me going as fast as I could go well I hit 155 for about 2 sec then hit a bird, Porsche 1 bird 0.
The second time about 3 yrs ago in my 90 S2 cabriolet coming home from a trip to Calgary it was a gorgeous Sunday night the sun here in the summer sets around 9 pm and it was only around 7:30 pm there was very light traffic the colour of the sky was a mixture of blue, orange, violet just breathtaking it was one those time standing still moments so I punched it Yeeeeeeee ha.
This car is chipped so it goes, I cruse up to 135mph the highway is open I'm coming over a hill that has a long steady decline maybe 10 deg it's still clear on the road so I decide to see what see can do I steadily start increasing speed 140, 145, 150, 155mph that's when I see a car in front of me about 400 meters ahead in the right hand lane so I pull into the passing lane and I don't know why but something told me this person is going to switch lanes so I step of the gas and place my foot near the brake and sure $hit no signal right over to my lane and starts to brake. THANK GOD FOR HUGE CALLIPARS
I braked hard swerved to other lane and passed the car I slow down to see who the moron was, it was a middle aged woman trying to apologize I think she saw me in the rear view and absolutely panicked.
Since then I have been very hesitant to hit those kinds of speed anymore not because of my driving ability but I do not trust other drivers.
But who knows it's the first summer with the Ferrari and my foot is starting to Itch.....:cool:

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
The fastest speed I have been caught by the police at was 109.8 MPH in September 1994. Its very sobering watching your replay on a police video camera knowing that they are going to throw the book at you.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
In 1997 I got a ticket for going 43 mph in a 30 mph zone.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm still in a probation period of 2 years after doing 120 mph (190 km/h) where 62 mph was allowed (it was a empty highway by the way, I like fast driving but i like responsible driving also)

Fastest ever: flat out with the 355, 295 km/h (185 mph) on the speedo. (on a complete empty Autobahn at an early sunday morning).

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
150 mph - 93 MR2 Turbo and scared as hell...
155 mph - 05 350Z
180 mph - 91 Testarossa
190 mph - 06 F430

Last two (Ferrari's) I was not driving...I was in shock....

Oh, almost forgot, all 4 engines were screaming like crazy

~

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
about 130 mph (210 km/h)

not much, but I don't have a Ferrari and it was in between two speed cameras, so not much room to accelerate

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome thread dude....saaaaaaay your not a (sniff sniff)cop are you..:p
HAHA, no I'm not a cop. lol I am a Pre-Dental student:rofl:

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
You have gone faster than this as a passenger.
How would I know? The passenger is never allowed to see the dashboard in those red cars......................... hehehehehe

But I'll tell you, 210 km/h in a Fiat on the city feels much more dramatic than a bit more than that in the highway in a F40 or F50.

Of course the acceleration on the Ferraris is more dramatic (specially the F40 with those turbos), but at 200 km/h they are so far from their limit that you feel safe.

On the other hand, over 140 km/h on the Fiat you are very sure that you'll die soon. Very different sensation!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I was once a pillion rider on a Kawasaki ZZR 1100 doing 170 MPH, it was very scary, but not as scary as falling to earth from 2 miles up at 110 MPH not knowing if your parachute will open:eek: But it's the best feeling ever when it does open.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
not as scary as falling to earth from 2 miles up at 110 MPH not knowing if your parachute will open:eek: But it's the best feeling ever when it does open.
That is something I will never know about. I'm not willing to voluntarily jump out of a perfectly good aircraft.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
That is something I will never know about. I'm not willing to voluntarily jump out of a perfectly good aircraft.
I could care less of its a perfectly good aircraft, your not going to catch me falling out of a flying blivot. Go ahead, try to force me out, your gonna need something more than a gun, and your gonna need good hearing protection. Its gonna sound like Barbie missing a shoe sale. From that altitude I'll be scareing the wildlife in multiple time zones.

Ohh Yeah...135 MPH in my Audi (speed limiter engaged)

1 - 20 of 210 Posts