Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone says do a search I did and it was all over the place.

What is the difference between the two oils. I used the lastest Agip oil in my 512TR and don't like the way it shifts. It used to shift perfect before the agip gear oil change, but now 2nd is hard to get into at times. I am going to try Redline and was wondering what is the difference between the two. I also read some people put friction reducer in the gear lube. I thought you wanted some friction on the syncros for them to work correctly? Wouldn't this defeat the purpose if you added friction reducer to it? Thanks for the advice in advance!

·
Registered
167 Posts
GTS.

I have not used redline in my TR yet (currently running Agip in it and also have troubles with second) but I do use it in two of my other cars...I believe the friciton reducer is for cooler weather if you have ever driven a manual in the low 40s with a heavy weight gear oil in the trans you understand this issue.

I have found both redline shockproof and gm synchromesh to be some of the best trans fluids for high performance manual gearboxes. They both help greatly with stiff or noisy boxes and seem to speed up synchro engagement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts