Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the Ferrari Life forum and I have a question for all of you out there. I have been in love with Ferrari from age 7, and now that I am 23 I have put myself in a position to make my first purchase of one of these immaculate machines. I have to know though, from you all. What did it feel like when you bought your first Ferrari?

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Felt horrible. So horrible I did it again 15 months later. What can I say, I like pain.

Ok, for a more serious answer: well, it's pretty obvious it felt great. But the purchase in itself is not what gave me the kick. It's whole 'getting-to-know-the-car' experience; what the car is really about, what the philosophy was behind the design, what makes it special. In the first week I owned it I drove about 2,000 miles through Europe. It was magical.

Best of luck, hope you get to experience it yourself. In any case you're a lot quicker about it than myself, I was 37...

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Welcome Duke! That is amazing that you have the funds at 23! I will most definitely still be in school. Research a ton before considering a purchase. Good luck!

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Well, Duke,

It is a terrible feeling and that feelings lasts a long time.

However as with everything in life you learn to get over it!

It was so long ago for me I don't remember but then I did it again. Can you believe that? I never learned my lesson. I bet I'll do it again!

So I guess I am slowly getting over that terrible feeling!

Welcome to F.L..

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Only way I can describe it think back to a point in time where you had that perfect Christmas day when you received every gift you hoped for, now times that by 10 and voilà.

You can't sleep the night before, your looking out the window for the truck to show up, your heart is racing, palms are sweating and then the first time you see it you want to jump up and down and scream like a little girl..:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hi I am new to the Ferrari Life forum and I have a question for all of you out there. I have been in love with Ferrari from age 7, and now that I am 23 I have put myself in a position to make my first purchase of one of these immaculate machines. I have to know though, from you all. What did it feel like when you bought your first Ferrari?
Hi Duke, welcome to the best Ferrari forum site, you will enjoy it. Some people are addicted to My Face (My Space & Facebook), I'm addicted to Ferrari Life. I'm still working towards my first Ferrari purchase but I was curious to ask you which model are you looking at to be your first Ferrari?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Only way I can describe it think back to a point in time where you had that perfect Christmas day when you received every gift you hoped for, now times that by 10 and voilà.

You can't sleep the night before, your looking out the window for the truck to show up, your heart is racing, palms are sweating and then the first time you see it you want to jump up and down and scream like a little girl..:D:D:D
I thought you were Roberta....err I mean Roberto:happy2:

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Ferrari

Thanks for all of the welcomes. I do not want to misconstrue or mislead anyone with my question I posted. I am looking at a 355 or 360, how I wish a new one was the option right now. However, no matter what type of Ferrari you buy it is nothing more than a dream made real by Enzo, for all of us to live on the edge of greatness or to dream of a fantastic ride. I have heard though that buying your first Ferrari is like making love to a beautiful Italian virgin....?:happy2: Anyways let me know your feelings on these two choices (I love Feedback)...... oh and what is up with the corvette guy. Doesn't corvette have a forum for them, or have they spent all of their money trying to keep up with the supercar world???:yikes: just kidding......

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
The F355 and 360 are both tremendous machines, Duke. Personally I'm a big fan of the styling of the F355, more so than the 360, but that's personal of course. The 360 is easier (read cheaper) on maintenance and has a bit more power, but as with the F355 it is still a bit light on torque at the bottom end. They are really revvy engines, which is great for a blast up the hill. They're very much fun machines to take by the scruff off the neck. Personally I like the F355 exhaust note a bit more than the 360 a well.

The F1 gearbox is much more advanced on the 360, but to be fair, when I tried one out a couple of months ago I was quite disappointed. There is a LOT of clutch slippage and clutches still burn out quite quickly in slow traffic. I think I would prefer a stick shift 360, but then again, a friend of mine has one and wished he bought an F1. Also - I think it will be more difficult to sell the stick shift later on.

You can download a buying guide on both cars from this website - they're awesome.

Final bit of advice: make sure you know what it costs to run one of these. Make sure you have $10k available in case something serious breaks, and count on $3k a year for maintenance and other things (average: you'll have cheaper and more expensive years). Petrol and insurance etc. is extra.

Oh, and enjoy the buying process! Take your time, and buy the one that speaks to you.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
. I have heard though that buying your first Ferrari is like making love to a beautiful Italian virgin....?:happy2: Anyways let me know your feelings on these two choices (I love Feedback)...... ......
Actually your first Ferrari is like making love to a beautiful Italian Hooker expensive but worth every penny just don't turn your back on her cause she will rob you blind..;)

Both of your picks for your first Rarri are good but they are night and day to each other make sure you know what you are getting into, personally I would go for the 355 hands down way more exotic looking.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
The pain, the PAIN

I got dressed up in my best threads, had the g'friend drive me to Ferrari of San Francisco, where Brad had is sitting right out front, in front of a few other 360's, a 550 and a 355, with my Ferrari right in the center: he knew.

WHAT a rush....god I made it. Made a promise to have one before I died, and with all the stars aligning at the time, and with Brad's help [super, super guy---he was my greatest asset and took a lot of time to just yack with me], entered the world: Brad gave me the keys, and said, now you are in the family, stop by, go up stairs to the owner's areas, have an expresso [then available] look over Sausilito bay, and enjoy.

showed me some ropes, and said " I want to hear that baby scream away" or words to that effect.

how did that feel....I drove the long way home to Sonoma, and made sure I hit every road.
great

bought the 2nd one about three years later....

rik

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Just so everyone knows, Rik is still on that drive!

He's like Charlie on the MTA. No he never returned!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
It's the whole journey, first you're thinking of buying one then actually shopping for one after the miss approval of course in my case buy her a Audi R8 first, then going to the dealers ask questions then test drive about five to ten of them depending on your luck, Bingo you find the one, like onno said can't wait to do it again!

·
Registered
300 Posts
O i see first Ferrari i through you meant buying a Ferrari well my was a Testarossa back in the 90's, scary very scary big loud powerful, but Looks fantastic felt a little wield at first driving it but after a while great just great!! buying a Ferrari is not just a car is the lifestyle that many of us here enjoy as well i think correct me if i'm wrong.
Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts