Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what all the differences are between the 550 and the 575?

Sorry if this has already been posted, I searched but only got through the first 10 pages of results before I gave up. :(

ps. On a side note, I can't seem to see any of the pictures in the forums anymore. Is there any logical reason for this? I know I'm logged in, and I never used to have a problem, but suddenly I can't view anything.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
the attachements are turned off at the moment due to some "maintenance work"

and what kind of difference's do you mean?
on the looks or on the tech side?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well any differences really...
But I'm mainly curious about tech specs.

Or if its easier, what parts of the 575 were carried over...
I'm assuming chassis is the same, and the body looks very similar.
Are the dimensions the same? Wheelbase, length....etc.

I'm not in the market for either, I've always just been curious.

Also, if anyone knows some of the perfomance specs...that would be interesting too.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Front nose differs on the cars (see the location of the fog lights under the grill. The grill is bigger on a 550 than on a 575. The rear lid has another shape (very hard to see, but a different 'spoiler' above the rear plate location.

Niels

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Engine capcity is increased 5.5 to 5.7 litres. The 575 is available in F1 as well as manual gearbox. The dashboard is different, the wheel designs are different.

·
Registered
144 Posts
As a result of engine tune the power increased (maybe not exactely) from 515 to 525hp, suspension also was changed. Result: a better handling, ESP is tuned better.

Also 575M is offered in Handling GTC option with Brembo 8 supported brakes, and hard suspension.

·
Registered
194 Posts
A non-exhaustive list includes:
- engine displacement increased, resulting in a 30hp increase and more torque. Optional availability of the F1 box. Lots of engine internals were changed too (air filters are different for instance)
- different headlight clusters, modified hood scoop and front bumper
- different wheels, complete dashboard redesign
- much softer suspension standard set-up which earned a lot of criticism. The Fiorano handling pack mitigated it, and the press now hails the GTC pack (in spite of the cost)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts