Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if your wives and girlfriends share your passion for Ferrari?

I met mine 12 yrs ago and told her then that I was going to buy a Ferrari one day, it didn't impress her then and she wasn't that impressed when I finally bought mine last yr. She's never complained about the money, after all we have a relatively good lifestyle and don't really go with out, she just doesn't get it. In fact she has never even been inside the car and doesn't want to. My son on the other hand is completely obsessed, just like me when I was a kid - that's my boy !!!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
my girlfriend really doesn't care about cars

but I believe she would prefer it if I had a Ferrari (or any other car), that way she wouldn't have to ride the motorcycle with me hehehehehehe

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
My wife likes her Mercedes E-class and doesn't really care what I drive. Ferrari, Dodge truck, whatever.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Am not really obsessed any longer, but early on i was. Am glad that got over quickly and things have basically become that it is just another car to just take it out and have fun. Maybe over time the realization that am more a caretaker of the Ferrari and its ever-hungry needs versus a less hand-on vehicle.

Frankly, am really digging my new 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty FX4, i can go mudding, off trail trailing, etc in it. The Ferrari is the opposite, a track rat. Guess having two road legal vehicles with opposite personalities that can handle drastically different tasks makes life more enjoyable.

Have been also focussing on my open wheel track car, now THAT non-road legal beast should be a fun track car and embarrass the Ferrari in virtually every respect :)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think I'm obsessed by Ferrari, although my son probably is. However, I took my F out of the garage today and had to go back into the garage to fetch something later on. The car was still outside but the garage had a wonderful aroma of her still. Not sure if it was the Agip oil, the Shell V-Power petrol fumes or just the general aroma of Ferrari, but it was a glorious smell, I just stood there for a few seconds taking it in. I can't say that my Audi turbo smells the same. Maybe I am obsessed, my wife would probably say posessed.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I have no partner, I have a wife.

She has let a Mercedes pass her while she was doing 60 on a fast tollway in SoCal.

She only drives the beast when I am drunk.

:)

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
My wife forgets my obsession.

A black F430 was parked in the house down the road.
I heard it go by and saw the tail disappear round the corner.
She saw it earlier when she was walking the dog.
"Oh yes, I forgot to tell you" she said.

Maybe its her way to make me walk the dog !! :)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My wife forgets my obsession.

A black F430 was parked in the house down the road.
I heard it go by and saw the tail disappear round the corner.
She saw it earlier when she was walking the dog.
"Oh yes, I forgot to tell you" she said.

Maybe its her way to make me walk the dog !! :)
You're lucky if your wife even knows what a F-car is. Mine doesn't have a clue. My son, however, can spot them a mile off. You don't see many on the roads in the UK, but if we are out, he normally spots them before me.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
A bunch of years ago I was due to meet my freind's 10-year old son for the first time. I had the Ferrari out in the driveway and had just finished washing and waxing it. They pulled into the yard and his son gets out and says, "WOW!!! Is that your truck?!" (pointing to the Dodge Ram) I'm like, "Umm, yeah, sure is." "Cool! Can I go for a ride?" "Um, sure, let me just put this Ferrari in the garage."

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A bunch of years ago I was due to meet my freind's 10-year old son for the first time. I had the Ferrari out in the driveway and had just finished washing and waxing it. They pulled into the yard and his son gets out and says, "WOW!!! Is that your truck?!" (pointing to the Dodge Ram) I'm like, "Umm, yeah, sure is." "Cool! Can I go for a ride?" "Um, sure, let me just put this Ferrari in the garage."
Excellent, I bet that made your day. In England we say, 'that really pissed on your fire !!!'

We were out a few weeks ago and saw a bright orange Lambo Murcielago, my son and I were awestruck talking about how many cylinders, BHP, top speed ...etc. All my wife could say was that it was hideous, and worst of all it was orange. Her idea of a nice car is a Mini Cooper or a Mazda Miata (MX-5 in Europe).

·
Registered
29 Posts
My wife has never been in the Ferrari and does not share the interest. The only time she brings it up is when we are arguing about finances!

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
When I saw this thread I asked my wife and this is what she said…

“Everyone is entitled to have their dreams and make them come true, whether it’s a boat (Pete), a cottage, an RV, vacations twice a year…why not a Ferrari???”

My wife even went further to say, “I love Ferrari’s and my butt better be the only one sitting in the passenger seat”

I asked her what about male friends, she laughed and said “not even them” but she was kidding, just about the guys…hahaha!!!!!!

~

·
Registered
439 Posts
My wife really doesn't like my obsession with cars. I have given this much thought and in the end, I don't think it is such a bad thing. I used to race and became quite compulsive about it - not a good idea in a relatively hazardous pastime. In the end, I think she balances me out and keeps me from doing too many stupid things.

My 23 month-old daughter however loves the car and I take her out in it (in a child car seat) whenever possible.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My "Wife" thinks that my obsession with my Ferrari is cute, she's very supportive when I spend the whole day on a wash and wax mission, she even volunteers to help put the cover on. She humors me and is always up for a ride, and she's nice... my little Dr. Jekyl...
Then once in a while she gets behind the wheel and the driving monster take over. She swears like a sailor and pushes the RPM, she wants to eat the road and pass everyone, she takes no prisoner and you can't dislodge the grin on her face... My little Mr. Hide...
Then we get home, she parks the car, and she forgets... she humors me again: "she's pretty honey!"... My little Dr. Jekyl!

·
Registered
167 Posts
We have a pretty good life!

My wife likes my desire for a Ferrari, especially now that I in the process of buy one, not talking about! But she's most happy when her Range Rover has no warnings lights on and her credit cards clears at the grocery store. :)

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Easter Obsession

Happy Easter to everyone.
Does anyone else have the tradition of "rolling eggs" at Easter.
Boil your egg and decorate and then throw/roll it down your nearest hill along with a load of mates.
This is where the obsession comes in - see images ! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Marlin, those eggs look great. Did you paint them yourself?

I made the mistake of showing them to my son, he wants us to have a go now. Not a wise move.:(

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Ferrari Uovo

Thanks Archie, just the one egg painted both sides.
Did it myself but unfortunately dropped it when I was doing the lettering, hence the smudges.
Ended up in pieces anyway !! :)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
marlin, loved the painting of that egg!!

I gave my girlfriend 11 chicken eggs filled with chocolate, and each had a different painting (I did it myself)

I'll post some pictures in the driver's lounge soon

1 - 20 of 23 Posts