Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know too much regarding Ferrari car culture just yet. However, without stepping on any toes here. I'd like to ask for your opinion regarding this Kit we are offering in the States...

The kit for the 360 is available in FRP (Fiberglass) and Carbon Fiber (CFRP). Both are hand made to order products.

We normally deal with Japanese makes and Models. This is our first time venturing out to Ferrari owners (outside Japan) regarding this product. Therefore I'd like to get all opinions. Your help will greatly be appreciated!

For more info please visit our site (in my sig). If you have any interest in this kit, please let me know.

Thank you all and I look forward to reading your responses!
Pete

·
Registered
5 Posts
Body kits on Ferraris and other crimes against humanity...

Sorry to be so harsh, but...yikes! Don't mess with perfection. There are precious few perfect things in this world. And they can afford to be understated. Less is definitely more in this case.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Its beautiful reminds me of an updated version of the Veilside 355 combine that with a flat black paint job some black rims and a Novitec supercharger kit possibly some yellow laminex over the lights...yes...most excellent

·
Registered
490 Posts
Couple of questions - from past experience with aftermarket kits!
How many hours (honestly) did your guys spend fitting the kit & prepping properly for paint?
Was it developed by dimension & then fitted or was it developed on the car?
Personally I like the look of it, but as a body/paint pro I am well aware of the quality of most of these kits, most end up devalueing the car because there is just so much work required to fit them correctly that they hardly ever get done properly.
Best wishes, Al.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couple of questions - from past experience with aftermarket kits!
How many hours (honestly) did your guys spend fitting the kit & prepping properly for paint?
Was it developed by dimension & then fitted or was it developed on the car?
Personally I like the look of it, but as a body/paint pro I am well aware of the quality of most of these kits, most end up devalueing the car because there is just so much work required to fit them correctly that they hardly ever get done properly.
Best wishes, Al.

Al,

Thank you for your questions. Yours and everyone else's inputs are all taken into consideration and are greatly appreciated.

Well just to start off, our company (Vertex) is noted as a high end aero manufactuer in Japan. All of our kits are developed on the car. Every kit we offer retains all factory mounting points, locations, sizes, and holes. There’s no “fitting,” necessary, the kit is a complete bolt on. There will be some mild prep work for the gel-coat, but for the most part, the kit can basically be painted and installed.

For more info you can click on the following below:
http://www.vertex-usa.com
http://www.vertex-usa.com/about/
http://www.vertex-usa.com/no-knockoffs/

In addition, I have also forwarded your questions regarding the kit to our Japan offices. I'll wait for a reply and see what they can add to answer your great questions!

Hope this clears anything up. If you have more questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

Cheers,
Pete

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to be so harsh, but...yikes! Don't mess with perfection. There are precious few perfect things in this world. And they can afford to be understated. Less is definitely more in this case.
Stephanie, thanks for your input! and no we do not want to mess with perfection and the heritage Ferrari stands for. We are just offering a little "spice" for those who are looking for something different and unique.

·
Registered
5 Posts
VIPete, you have dazzled me with your gracious reply!

Even though body kits aren't for me, I can plainly see that yours is meticulously crafted and beautifully applied. I'm sure people who are looking for that "spice" will love it.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, VIPete, I don't like the bodykit (I don't like any bodykits for Ferraris), but I like your attitude

I'm sure there are people that enjoy that "spice" you mentioned and if you treat them right, you should make good businness

good luck to you =)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Al,

Thank you for your questions. Yours and everyone else's inputs are all taken into consideration and are greatly appreciated.

Well just to start off, our company (Vertex) is noted as a high end aero manufactuer in Japan. All of our kits are developed on the car. Every kit we offer retains all factory mounting points, locations, sizes, and holes. There’s no “fitting,” necessary, the kit is a complete bolt on. There will be some mild prep work for the gel-coat, but for the most part, the kit can basically be painted and installed.

For more info you can click on the following below:
http://www.vertex-usa.com
http://www.vertex-usa.com/about/
http://www.vertex-usa.com/no-knockoffs/

In addition, I have also forwarded your questions regarding the kit to our Japan offices. I'll wait for a reply and see what they can add to answer your great questions!

Hope this clears anything up. If you have more questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

Cheers,
Pete
That's a great reply, thanks for being frank about it:thumbup: .
Would there be any chance of seeing a couple of pics of the kit 'in the raw'? - by pm if you prefer?
I do like the look - as you've probably already gathered I am generally not a fan of these kits - but this one looks like the exception!!
Best wishes, Al.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
VIPete,
As you can see, the enthusiasts on this site are Ferrari "Purists". Generally, aftermarket wheels are about as far as any will go. So this is a tough crowd and this thread easily could have slid into a free for-all-bashing of your product, but the way you presented yourself and your product and your well worded responses to each post is impressive.

I glanced at the photos when you first posted them, didn't think much about it, but after reading your responses I went back and looked them over again, visited the website, etc. I guess I like the front and side treatments, but I don't care at all for the rear. It might look better to me if the lower middle section were painted black to match the stock car.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Like the majority of posters on here, body kits on Ferrari's aren't really my cup of tea. I can see why younger people and kids like them, hence why so many Japanese sports cars get modded. As I've got older and less wild I prefer to see cars in their natural state, maybe as most Ferrari owners tend to be 30+ (due to high costs of aquisition and ongoing maintenance...etc) most of them think like me, that's why you don't see many modded Ferrari's, except maybe sports exhausts and new wheels.
However, if people want to mod their Ferrari with kits, that's their choice, and good luck to you and your business. You seem like a professional and very considered person, so I wish you all the best with your business.

I've shown the photo's to my son and he thinks it looks very cool.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i am having such a hard time with that front bumper. its sort of giving a harsh pain to my eye lids or eye sockets. the rear bumper is GORGEOUS the side skirts are right on point as well. but that front bumper is almost confusing me. why does it look like a factory bumper so much still, and why is the middle of it almost going upwards, it kind of looks liek a separate piece is on the bottom (lower lip) area.... the front bumper i dont like it.

now that rear bumper. is AMAZING, that thing looks gorgeous, the difuser in the back makes this car look so much more agressive. the wheels on it are nice too *(sorry for the off topic)*. but yeah rear bumper is my deffinite favorite.

Eddie Rosado

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback. Your input at the present (and in the future) will help us gauge what success (if any) we have to importing this product to North America.

However, with the respect of this forum and its current advertisers, I will no longer post commercial-related replies. If you have specific questions regarding this product, please feel free to PM me.

I'll answer what I can on this thread w/out violating any guidelines on this forum.

Thanks again and I will enjoy reading what everyone has to say about our product.

Pete

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
VIPete,
Become a sponser of the site. Then you can post all the commercial-related replies you want and we can start really picking apart your product. :)

I'd like to see what you can do with a 550. :)

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I on the other hand love the kit, I think it’s gorgeous. I find the front lip a little too thick and should be straight all across at a ¼ of the size but besides that, if I had the money to buy a 360 I would definitely get a kit. The Rear is aggressive looking and seriously stylish. The sides are just right. The front spoiler wings on the sides a totally cool and nasty looking……..I love it. I'm all about personal customization (to a certain degree) to make the car “you”. Most people shun me for this but I don’t care, I love what I love and don’t make any excuses for it. So great job, fantastic looking kit…

Mario

~

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I on the other hand love the kit, I think it’s gorgeous. I find the front lip a little too thick and should be straight all across at a ¼ of the size but besides that, if I had the money to buy a 360 I would definitely get a kit. The Rear is aggressive looking and seriously stylish. The sides are just right. The front spoiler wings on the sides a totally cool and nasty looking……..I love it. I'm all about personal customization (to a certain degree) to make the car “you”. Most people shun me for this but I don’t care, I love what I love and don’t make any excuses for it. So great job, fantastic looking kit…

Mario

~

Mario,

Thanks for the kind words. You have sure put a smile on our faces! I hope to see a kit on your Ferrari sometime in the future.

Pete

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think the car looks great. It looks like a highly tuned Supra or something. The problem is, it doesn't look very Ferrari-like, at least the rear anyway. It has a very Japanese look to it. I can't imagine most people want their Ferrari to look like a 2 Fast 2 Furious wannabe.

I don't mean to be rude, obviosly the parts are well designed, it just wasn't by Italians.;) I myself, would consider it an insult to the original designers to install those parts. Its kind of like over-salting a Kobe beef steak that was preparred by a world class chef, or adding an extra sunflower to a Van Gogh. Although, just like the artwork, and the little tiny steaks, I don't like the way a Mondena looks anyway, but I respect the execution of the artist's vision.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts