Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a 1989 Mondial. It has 22,000 on it and has had the 30k maintainence. It appears to be in good shape, I have driven it. (the pedals are awfully close together!) What should watch out for and what would a car like this be worth?
thank you

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
First, look at the buyer's guide here on the site. Second, on any Ferrari, you must get a PPI. Happy hunting, the Mondial is an excellent car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am considering buying a 1989 Mondial. It has 22,000 on it and has had the 30k maintainence. It appears to be in good shape, I have driven it. (the pedals are awfully close together!) What should watch out for and what would a car like this be worth?
thank you
I owned an 1987 Mondial 3.2 for a few years, before moving to a Modena. It was an okay car for my first Ferrari. It was cheap to buy, $23K, and fortunately a local shop with an owner who knew these cars inside and out, help me maintain it. First thing to look for are records. You want to know how previous owner's cared for the car, or did they. Have the car inspected by someone who has worked on Ferrari's for twenty to thirty years. You want their experience and brains. My car could have a major service without taking out the motor. Find out if the same applies to this 89. I agree with jungathart, have a PPI done on the car. You want to know what you face before buying the car. Also have about $5K in you back pocket, after purchase to cover any surprises you might encounter after purchase.

Also, from my wife, the Mondial did not have air bags and she did not like that. Hindsight being 20-20 that fact came in handy when I showed her the Modena, and told her it had air bags. She was happy with that --- so was I.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts