Ferrari Life Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,211 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
It do not find it odd that almost all of us have dreamed Ferrari since being a child. I know I have, and that dream has lasted until two months ago when I bought mine.

First time in a Ferrari, driving a Ferrari and owning a Ferrari. My Ferrari dreams have been far surpassed by how powerful the reality of having one is........Steve

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I was bitten by the bug when I was in High School, around about 1974 or 1975. A colleague of my father's took me out in his new 308GT4. I remember it like it was yesterday.

My first drive was a few years ago when I got to spend an afternoon driving a red 430 Spider around the Maranello countryside. I remember that day like it was today at noon.

My current 360 Spider is the first one I've owned. And each time I drive it, I get the same feeling I had back in 75, or a few summers ago in Maranello.

I am astonished by two things; 1) The feeling never subsides, and 2) There truly are no words for it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Have yet to ride in one!

(That being said, by all means let me know if any of you are taking a day trip out to the Philadelphia area!) :p

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have yet to ride in one!

(That being said, by all means let me know if any of you are taking a day trip out to the Philadelphia area!) :p
Hey someone out there give this nice guy a ride. If I was close I would be happy to. I am sure you will get your ride in due time.......good luck......Steve

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
My first drive in a Ferrari is almost 5 years ago now. I was surfing the web for information for months and finally made up my mind that my first Ferrari was going to be a F355. Made an appointment to testdrive one and I was nervous as hell. For some reason, I thought it was going to be VERY difficult to drive a Ferrari :)
It wasn't and it was 10 times better than I ever imagined.

So my first drive was in my own Ferrari; a Yellow/black F355 GTS. I still miss that car very much...

·
Registered
2003 575M
15 Posts
I am reluctant to get into this thread as i am going to appear to be an old fart,,,, but here goes,, My first ride was in one of the original Barchettas , the car belonged to a friend of mine and i had seen it many times. i think it was a moderately warm evening, and just before we were to drive off, my friend inserted a straight pipe into each muffler. We drove a ways to get to an open road (not an easy task in Queens, NY,) when we got to a wide enough road, he let it out. Of course , its a roadster, so the wind and the sounds of the V12, and the exhaust were amazing..

Just as an aside, i think he paid $7K for the car, i also remember he took the heads off to do a valve job and a valve cost $ 12 at that time.. ( the '50's )

That was my first ride, i also had a second ride, which i also remember somewhat,, it also was a roadster, maybe a 3 liter sports / racer . This time i was the "driver" and i handled the steering as the car was towed into Manhattan from Queens on a 20' length of tow rope... That was interesting also. No sound from the V12 this time.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
My experience is that the first Ferrari I sat in is the car I own now. After talking to the owner he let me test drive it. Wasn’t expecting that! Was a bit nervous. Most my cars I had were manual cars so that wasn’t an issue, but I wasn’t going to be too aggressive driving it out of respect. But then he told me to rev it higher to shift it and I was hooked! The music from the V8 and the Weber’s was wonderful. A few weeks later the car was mine and still have it today!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts