·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It really is gorgeous. I was looking at some of the pictures of the interior and its GREAT!!! ha! Theres a nice patina to everything! Wood is a little aged but in great condition, leather worn but no tears, a little pitting on the chrome rings on the instrument pannel. I Love It!!!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
FunkyJunc said:
It really is gorgeous. I was looking at some of the pictures of the interior and its GREAT!!! ha! Theres a nice patina to everything! Wood is a little aged but in great condition, leather worn but no tears, a little pitting on the chrome rings on the instrument pannel. I Love It!!!
I would run. Take a look at the picture of the engine bay. I can only image what teh suspension and exhaust look like.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine did look a little neglected. At least it didnt have a groundhog in it.

To boot, I would never consider purchasing ANY kind of vehicle off of eBay. I can only image what kind of things are wrong with those cars, let alone a vintage ferrari.

·
Registered
14 Posts
FunkyJunc said:
To boot, I would never consider purchasing ANY kind of vehicle off of eBay. I can only image what kind of things are wrong with those cars, let alone a vintage ferrari.
Believe it or not, there are some great deals to be had buying a car off Ebay if you take your time and do your homework. My business partner and I have done so several times, and ended up with excellent cars at below market prices. For example, last year I bought a super clean 1997 Land Rover Defender 90 wagon for $27,000 that had a KBB value of $36,000. I turned to Ebay because the scarcity of this model (less than 1,000 imported by Land Rover USA) made it difficult to find a clean one without doing a nationwide search.

If you ever consider buying off of Ebay, just talk to the seller to ensure they will allow you to perform a thorough PPI on the car prior to cutting them the check. Anyone reputable should not have a problem with this.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
FunkyJunc,
99% of the people who use EBay are honest, hard-working folks like you and me who simply use EBay as a market to advertise what they are trying to sell. There is nothing wrong with buying a car off EBay. Just watch out for scammers. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its odd you say that. I do agree with you but in the last week I met TWO sellers in that ONE percent. Ive never had any problems but it can be rediculous!

A PPI would be my #1 priority in a remote purchase like that. Other than that I would be OK with it. Vintage cars of any make and model can be tricky just because there are so many items that can go unknown. At least if you make the mistake in person you only have youself to blame ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts