Ferrari Life Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Take a look at the heavy red wires where they enter the box and back 3"'s. Any distortion to the insulation?

Hopefully if Rob is better we'll be in there. PM Sent.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I will be shipping my 456GT to SRI for Dave to "sort out" my CEL and SLOW DOWN 7-12 issues, plus to optimize it for what I hope will be many years of trouble-free (ha!) use.

OK, I will settle for being able to drive long distances without fearing it will catch on fire.

I am convinced, based on what I have read and on my interaction with him, that his gold connector kit, properly installed, will be money well spent.

I tried installing the SRI Supremo gold connector kit myself but found it a bit intimidating and frustrating: I am too ham-fisted, I guess: couldn't figure how to get a good crimp, and there is little margin for error.

Others report being able to do it, so maybe I am just psyching myself out; regardless, when I begin to feel out of my depth I turn to a pro.

I raised the subject of belt service (mine is due), and Dave mentioned something I hadn't heard, which is, like most of what he comes up with, nearly mind-boggling: he's working on cad-coated gears to turn the timing belts.

The cadmium coating will resist rust, and Dave says rust causes belt wear (abrasive).

Worn belts can contribute to timing going off, which can contribute to premature belt wear and CEL issues (bah, CEL issues!).

I am glad I discovered SRI.:thumbsup:

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.