Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Just got word my connectors in the 456 need replacing as actually made for poor readings from sensor to the ECU causing 'high speed' conditions = more fuel and such but NOT air...how, we are not sure: So, one solution is to replace harness connectors with Dave Helms' gold connectors. Brian Crall feels it'll help and I am all for it, especially at the price of his site vs OEM 'sh$T' connectors.

Just as a FYI WHY this can be important: Try fried CAT due to false sensor reading...and check these prices!!!!!!!!!!! : http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showpost.php?p=109826&postcount=4

way to go Dave. This is a great option.

Gold Connector Innovations
Patent Pending
Available in full kit form only to assure you have the same results our customers Worldwide are experiencing after this kits installation.
We designed this as a new concept in Ferrari maintenance with an eye towards fixing current issues and preventing future problems. We located the finest possible Gold Plated terminals with a higher than OEM contact pressure, boots that far exceed the quality originally installed on the car and all of the high quality tools needed for the job that we use every day in our own shop. (Patent Pending)
A number of testimonials have been posted throughout the internet describing the merits and results obtained after the install. We designed this kit to be at the owner installable level. It requires a great deal of concentration and attention to the finest details. We have included with this kit a Photo CD of our own step by step procedure as well as tips and suggestions offered by those that have done the job before you allowing a unique insight into the procedure.
The results we most often see are a smooth stable idle, improved torque, increased acceleration and throttle response, easier starting and the lack of annoying (and frequently erroneous) Check Engine Lights (CELs).
We now have the kit developed and tested on 2.5 and 2.7 348's, 2.7 and 5.2 355's and the F40 with testing underway on the Mondial T, TR, 512TR, 308QV, 328, and 550's. If we do not have a kit for your model, contact us and we would gladly work with you to develop one.
--- Reprinted without permission--From Scuderia Rampante--

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Gold Connector Kits:

Fuse boxes:
With the help of Jim and Adam we now have the 512 fuse box kits done and in production. Steve is helping with the final changes to the 328 box as I type this and I expect that will be done this coming week.

Looking forward to getting back in the fold now,

Dave

in the process of doing many things to the Mondial T. Already put in a NOS fuse box, about five years ago....wish I had kept the old one.

Have two covers though...

As for the fuel hoses, any 35mm on the horizon?

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
The replacement box will burn up as the other did. That is the reason I argued against so many attempts of re engineering it, it only delays the inevitable as the entire design and wiring is flawed. A case of fixing the problem, not the cause. Watch the connectors closely and send me an email as I want a photo of an area on your T box to see if my predictions are correct.

The 35mm cross over hose, the 15mm pump feed hose and the 55mm fill neck hose is all on the shelf for some time now. Whole system hose kits or individuals are available for the cooling system, fuel system, blow-by system and air injection system.

When you are tired of storing the spare cover....there are a number of folks missing theirs, it should be easy to find a buyer. Run your car with the cover off to allow more air circulation around the box and connectors, it will last a bit longer.

Never thought of leaving the cover off. Know the heat is a factor but thought more that it were just bad connectors on the car wires to the box. THAT is where mine had problems not to mention the obvious de-lamination of the back substrates. What ever you need on the pics let me know.

Whatever solutions you may have to the box....welll, you'll be gettting a phone call soon....prob. next week at the earliest.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Take a look at the heavy red wires where they enter the box and back 3"'s. Any distortion to the insulation?

Hopefully if Rob is better we'll be in there. PM Sent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts