Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
My sincere thanks to all for the kind welcome. My Special thanks to Andrew for making this Sponsors forum a reality.

I know as much about brain surgery as marketing products as we are just a small family business with a focus and strive to deliver perfection in maintaining Ferrari's. The sole basis of the products we are now making was to provide my local customers with solutions to problems that kept reoccurring. As it turned out we ended up having to develop products from scratch as there really was nothing available that would permanently solve all the problems, hence the name "Innovations". It was at the suggestions of our local customers to make these Solutions available to all Ferrari Owners, that led to the creation of Scuderia Rampante Innovations as our parts sales division. I am a firm believer in word of mouth as the best advertising method and we have no intension to let down any of those that placed their trust in our products. We developed our products for those looking for the highest quality available.

Credit where it is due, there are some brilliant folks I have had the privilege to work with throughout
this process, true pro's of the highest level in each field. It is those folks that made this all come together and become a reality. The constant reassurance from Ferrari owners and good friends that I was doing the right thing gave us the incentive to follow it through to the end. This is truly a Community Effort in every sense of the word as it is the Ferrari Owners themselves that kept requesting solutions, not short term repairs. We are very proud to be able to offer products we know will provide solutions to many problems that have plagued the marque for years on end.

In this new year we look forward to working with other Pro's in the business on Solutions to a number of areas not yet dealt with. I am proud to work with these folks as each is a recognized professional in their own fields. Our own Robbie and Gary are just a few of the folks involved in these efforts. It is a true asset to this site to have folks of their caliber involved here. It is my wish that we can make FerrariLife the "Go To" place for answers that have a great many years of first hand professional knowledge behind those answers.

Best Wises to all,

Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
My sincere thanks to all for the kind welcome. My Special thanks to Andrew for making this Sponsors forum a reality.

I know as much about brain surgery as marketing products as we are just a small family business with a focus and strive to deliver perfection in maintaining Ferrari's. The sole basis of the products we are now making was to provide my local customers with solutions to problems that kept reoccurring. As it turned out we ended up having to develop products from scratch as there really was nothing available that would permanently solve all the problems, hence the name "Innovations". It was at the suggestions of our local customers to make these Solutions available to all Ferrari Owners, that led to the creation of Scuderia Rampante Innovations as our parts sales division. I am a firm believer in word of mouth as the best advertising method and we have no intension to let down any of those that placed their trust in our products. We developed our products for those looking for the highest quality available.

Credit where it is due, there are some brilliant folks I have had the privilege to work with throughout
this process, true pro's of the highest level in each field. It is those folks that made this all come together and become a reality. The constant reassurance from Ferrari owners and good friends that I was doing the right thing gave us the incentive to follow it through to the end. This is truly a Community Effort in every sense of the word as it is the Ferrari Owners themselves that kept requesting solutions, not short term repairs. We are very proud to be able to offer products we know will provide solutions to many problems that have plagued the marque for years on end.

In this new year we look forward to working with other Pro's in the business on Solutions to a number of areas not yet dealt with. I am proud to work with these folks as each is a recognized professional in their own fields. Our own Robbie and Gary are just a few of the folks involved in these efforts. It is a true asset to this site to have folks of their caliber involved here. It is my wish that we can make FerrariLife the "Go To" place for answers that have a great many years of first hand professional knowledge behind those answers.

Best Wises to all,

Dave

Nicely stated!!

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Just got word my connectors in the 456 need replacing as actually made for poor readings from sensor to the ECU causing 'high speed' conditions = more fuel and such but NOT air...how, we are not sure: So, one solution is to replace harness connectors with Dave Helms' gold connectors. Brian Crall feels it'll help and I am all for it, especially at the price of his site vs OEM 'sh$T' connectors.

Just as a FYI WHY this can be important: Try fried CAT due to false sensor reading...and check these prices!!!!!!!!!!! : http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showpost.php?p=109826&postcount=4

way to go Dave. This is a great option.

Gold Connector Innovations
Patent Pending
Available in full kit form only to assure you have the same results our customers Worldwide are experiencing after this kits installation.
We designed this as a new concept in Ferrari maintenance with an eye towards fixing current issues and preventing future problems. We located the finest possible Gold Plated terminals with a higher than OEM contact pressure, boots that far exceed the quality originally installed on the car and all of the high quality tools needed for the job that we use every day in our own shop. (Patent Pending)
A number of testimonials have been posted throughout the internet describing the merits and results obtained after the install. We designed this kit to be at the owner installable level. It requires a great deal of concentration and attention to the finest details. We have included with this kit a Photo CD of our own step by step procedure as well as tips and suggestions offered by those that have done the job before you allowing a unique insight into the procedure.
The results we most often see are a smooth stable idle, improved torque, increased acceleration and throttle response, easier starting and the lack of annoying (and frequently erroneous) Check Engine Lights (CELs).
We now have the kit developed and tested on 2.5 and 2.7 348's, 2.7 and 5.2 355's and the F40 with testing underway on the Mondial T, TR, 512TR, 308QV, 328, and 550's. If we do not have a kit for your model, contact us and we would gladly work with you to develop one.
--- Reprinted without permission--From Scuderia Rampante--

·
Registered
107 Posts
An overdue Thank You to all.

I have been battling an illness that took the wind out of me since the Holidays but now am starting to feel a little better. I knew better than trying to discuss anything technical on a site when under the influence of some kick butt medications so I layed low and tried to re coop.

Dino Hoses:
I have all the straight sections done and fitted on a 72 at this point. The molded hoses are in line to have the tooling done. The investment costs of setting up the tooling has me picking and choosing which comes first. With so many variants to the 246 hoses, the US cars with AC look to be the first to be done.

Gold Connector Kits:
With most of the models sharing many of the same connectors which are all in stock by the tens of thousands now, its only a matter of defining what any given kit consists of. I am very grateful to many folks that have stepped up and take the time to help define new kits. We are now underway putting together the 550 and 456 kits to add to the list of those already done.

Fuse boxes:
With the help of Jim and Adam we now have the 512 fuse box kits done and in production. Steve is helping with the final changes to the 328 box as I type this and I expect that will be done this coming week.

Looking forward to getting back in the fold now,

Dave

·
Registered
960 Posts
An overdue Thank You to all.

I have been battling an illness that took the wind out of me since the Holidays but now am starting to feel a little better. I knew better than trying to discuss anything technical on a site when under the influence of some kick butt medications so I layed low and tried to re coop.

Dino Hoses:
I have all the straight sections done and fitted on a 72 at this point. The molded hoses are in line to have the tooling done. The investment costs of setting up the tooling has me picking and choosing which comes first. With so many variants to the 246 hoses, the US cars with AC look to be the first to be done.

Gold Connector Kits:
With most of the models sharing many of the same connectors which are all in stock by the tens of thousands now, its only a matter of defining what any given kit consists of. I am very grateful to many folks that have stepped up and take the time to help define new kits. We are now underway putting together the 550 and 456 kits to add to the list of those already done.

Fuse boxes:
With the help of Jim and Adam we now have the 512 fuse box kits done and in production. Steve is helping with the final changes to the 328 box as I type this and I expect that will be done this coming week.

Dave
Hope you're feeling better. I'll need Dino hoses, please put me down for a set.

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Gold Connector Kits:

Fuse boxes:

Dave

in the process of doing many things to the Mondial T. Already put in a NOS fuse box, about five years ago....wish I had kept the old one.

Have two covers though...

As for the fuel hoses, any 35mm on the horizon?

·
Registered
107 Posts
in the process of doing many things to the Mondial T. Already put in a NOS fuse box, about five years ago....wish I had kept the old one.

Have two covers though...

As for the fuel hoses, any 35mm on the horizon?

The replacement box will burn up as the other did. That is the reason I argued against so many attempts of re engineering it, it only delays the inevitable as the entire design and wiring is flawed. A case of fixing the problem, not the cause. Watch the connectors closely and send me an email as I want a photo of an area on your T box to see if my predictions are correct.

The 35mm cross over hose, the 15mm pump feed hose and the 55mm fill neck hose is all on the shelf for some time now. Whole system hose kits or individuals are available for the cooling system, fuel system, blow-by system and air injection system.

When you are tired of storing the spare cover....there are a number of folks missing theirs, it should be easy to find a buyer. Run your car with the cover off to allow more air circulation around the box and connectors, it will last a bit longer.

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
The replacement box will burn up as the other did. That is the reason I argued against so many attempts of re engineering it, it only delays the inevitable as the entire design and wiring is flawed. A case of fixing the problem, not the cause. Watch the connectors closely and send me an email as I want a photo of an area on your T box to see if my predictions are correct.

The 35mm cross over hose, the 15mm pump feed hose and the 55mm fill neck hose is all on the shelf for some time now. Whole system hose kits or individuals are available for the cooling system, fuel system, blow-by system and air injection system.

When you are tired of storing the spare cover....there are a number of folks missing theirs, it should be easy to find a buyer. Run your car with the cover off to allow more air circulation around the box and connectors, it will last a bit longer.

Never thought of leaving the cover off. Know the heat is a factor but thought more that it were just bad connectors on the car wires to the box. THAT is where mine had problems not to mention the obvious de-lamination of the back substrates. What ever you need on the pics let me know.

Whatever solutions you may have to the box....welll, you'll be gettting a phone call soon....prob. next week at the earliest.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Never thought of leaving the cover off. Know the heat is a factor but thought more that it were just bad connectors on the car wires to the box. THAT is where mine had problems not to mention the obvious de-lamination of the back substrates. What ever you need on the pics let me know.

Whatever solutions you may have to the box....welll, you'll be gettting a phone call soon....prob. next week at the earliest.

Take a look at the heavy red wires where they enter the box and back 3"'s. Any distortion to the insulation?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.