Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This past weekend's supercar adventure involved a drive of almost 10 yards in the F40. The drive was then followed by a thorough washing and waxing of said automobile before it was returned to the garage This is something I have always done myself as a bit of labor never killed anyone. It also provides an excellent opportunity to conduct an indepth audit of the paint condition and sa tone chip inventory count. F40 wing mirrors seem to have stone magnets and there aways seem to be another small speck or two on the back side. On the positive side, I see it as a small badge of honor as it indicates the F40 gets driven as it is intended to be.

Once the waxing was completed, the tires on all the cars were checked. This is something I do on a quarterly basis. The 360 & F50 tires never seem to loose any air but the F40 always needs a top up of 1-2 psi.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
F40 wing mirrors seem to have stone magnets and there aways seem to be another small speck or two on the back side. On the positive side, I see it as a small badge of honor as it indicates the F40 gets drive as it is intended to be.
Is that within the legal speed limit of your country of residence;) (or in first gear at least:D )

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ha Boxer, I am glad that it is not only me that gets stone chips on my front part of the car, not including the ones I get on my rear fender from the rocks my rear wheel throws from hard acceleration from a stop.

This past few days were actually spent touching up those chips. Hopefully after the final clearcoat has cured, i shall be color sanding (I hope the correct way).

I look at it this way, its part of owning a car being driven, as much as i hate getting those chips. I believe there is this clear urethane coating that can be placed on the front end to prevent this chips. It is made by 3M. I will look into that after I get my car repainted, for now, i can live with the small chips I hardly see from 5 feet. I am going too fast for anyone to notice anyway :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts