Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to weber carburettors, and would specifically like to learn more about the 40IF3C 'before' I try and tune them. Can anyone tell me if these carburettors are similar in construction to any of the more common webers such as the IDA series which I can get a book on.

Or failing this if anyone can steer me towards a manual or any technical information on the IF3C.

Ash.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Weber Carbs.

Ash, I tried to locate a Weber carb manual and could not find one anywhere. I was told that they were discontinued. If you look in your owners manual it will give you some of the specs. such as float level and setting data. You may have to experiment by removing one and dissassembling it yourself as many of us have done.

·
Registered
575 Posts
The Haynes Weber Manual has the breakdown and repair instructions, as well as Pat Braden's "Weber Carburetors" book.

I've never worked on IF 3C's, but after doing my DCNF's and fiddling with other carbs, the saying is true: "when you work on one Weber, you've worked on them all". Judging by the manuals, the IF 3C's are very simple as they have no starting device (choke). The only tricky part is the two-piece throttle shaft.

Which model of flat-12 are you working on, 365 BB or 512 BB? I have the 365 BB Parts Catalogue, which lists all of the sizes of jets/accessories that is spec'd for these carbs. Let me know if you need that info. The Pat Braden book lists the sizes for the 512 BB carbs.

What "tuning" info do you need to know?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks guys, I went and got both books which look pretty comprehensive. A bit of light reading to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts