Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I noticed quite a lot of water leaking from the front right underside of my 308.

I had a look and found that the leak was coming from the join of the large pipe to the radiator outlet. The clamps were fairly loose so I tightened them.

The leak has now stopped but I need some advice as to whether I have sorted this correctly as well as whether I could overtighten the clamps and cause more damage.

All advice is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

Hi
Yes you have sorted this correctly but you must go to a Ferrari mechanic! To certify the job you finish!!! Safety first. Your life is a ferrari, a ferrari is the life :) .
Bay .

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
You're fine. I wouldn't bother taking it to a Ferrari dealer. Check the expansion tank and make sure it is at the correct level and then make sure there is no air in the cooling system (if liquid got out, air could have gotten it). There is a bleeder screw on the right side of radiator near the top. It is a knurled brass knob. Use a pair of pliers to loosen it and then unscrew it until air and coolant comes out. Close it when all you get is coolant. Snug it up with your pliers (it doesn't have to be tight, just "snug") There is also a bleeder screw on top of the thermostat housing which is on the right side of the engine, on top, where the large cooling hose hooks up. It looks like a brass bolt. Those are the only 2 bleeding points on the cooling system. Read this thread, I had posted some pictures on there that may help you:
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4336

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

I bled the system and all seems ok.

I'm actutally pretty impressed with myself - first real thing I have ever fixed!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Not true! The first real thing was fixing that "non-Ferrari owner" status. The coolant leak was 2nd. :)

Good job! The more you take a look at things and work on them the more confidence you build in yourself and in the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts