Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my Ferrari Brothers i was just wondering was it difficult for some you in the past to let go your ex-Ferraris?

If you could keep them all would you?

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Yes very painful, and I still miss it today. My Ferrari was as much mine as it was my son's, it broke my heart seeing how upset he was when I sold it. Even now he still get's upset (9 months later). The current financial crisis has really messed up my financial affairs and investment planning, selling the 328 and using the proceeds for short term liquidity was the only sensible option. I am very certain that I will buy another in the next 18 months, so it is just a temporary setback until the world financial system returns to normal

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Oh, Ferraris....I thought you meant kids, so, my answer will change : YES, very difficult

kids, eh'

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Granucci,...you mean you still have hiddent kids somewhere else ? w/ smiles Jimmy

you should see me cringe at every door knock....people have been know to scatter and freeze at our hosehold :happy2:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes very painful, and I still miss it today. My Ferrari was as much mine as it was my son's, it broke my heart seeing how upset he was when I sold it. Even now he still get's upset (9 months later). The current financial crisis has really messed up my financial affairs and investment planning, selling the 328 and using the proceeds for short term liquidity was the only sensible option. I am very certain that I will buy another in the next 18 months, so it is just a temporary setback until the world financial system returns to normal
Hang in there archiegibbs times are tough these days, i always believe if you could purschase an object with money there is a great chance you could get it back. Not easy to let something that beautiful go we all understand, Ferraris are like smoking very very difficult to quit, my miss often ask me why the hell are you on the net looking at Ferrari pictures when you have one in your garage? i guess some people just don't understand or maybe is a good thing that they don't understand that way we can all save a whole lot of money! Besizes having Archiegidds Jr running around should keep you pretty busy i'm sure!:thumbsup:

Cheers
D

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
David, I agree with your thoughts. I'm pleased to see that someone else is always looking on the net at cars for sale. I do it all the time, even when I had my 328. My wife would ask why I was looking when I already had a car in the garage that I never drove. I used to tell her it was research, but I don't think she understood.
As they say, 'it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all' or 'if you love something let it go, if it come's back it was meant to be'

·
Registered
47 Posts
David, I agree with your thoughts. I'm pleased to see that someone else is always looking on the net at cars for sale. I do it all the time, even when I had my 328. My wife would ask why I was looking when I already had a car in the garage that I never drove. I used to tell her it was research, but I don't think she understood.
As they say, 'it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all' or 'if you love something let it go, if it come's back it was meant to be'
Don't feel bad. I look all the time and I am :yikes:always looking to buy or trade. It's like having an addiction.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
My mistake was selling my beautiful Dino in 1976 for $15K and I thought I had made a killing!

I am not selling any more of my Ferrari's!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
If I ever run out of money, I'll let them go without hesitation. I love them, and would miss them, but in the end they're just possessions. Not worth giving up the other wonderful things in life for.
That was what I thought and did, and I did the right thing, but it doesn't stop me wanting another one. It is an addiction, and once you are hooked there is no cure.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
My mistake was selling my beautiful Dino in 1976 for $15K and I thought I had made a killing!

I am not selling any more of my Ferrari's!

:yikes:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Rik, that is one funny photo!

Onno

if his ears were shorter he would look just like one of my cats, hugs, who has that same habit to bury his face...real cute stuff.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I do not have a crystal ball but seeing the the economy and the credit markets the way they are, I think you did the right thing by selling your cars now. You will be able to purchase a car comparable to yours if not better for less money in the short term. As for missing cars that I have sold, the answer is absolutely yes. I sold my Carrera GT, Ford GT, and F40 which I intend on purchasing them in the near short term, hopefully for less money than I sold them for. I am still hanging on to all of my cars which are tanking in value as days go by. Smart thing to do would probably to liquidate them now but I plan on keeping them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts