Ferrari Life Forum banner

Warning stupid rookie!

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  4kids3fish 
#1 ·
My dealer just told me about what I should be careful about with my 550. After telling him I went rather faster recently going up the grapevine, he caution me about the body of my car. “All the air flow devices must to working correctly on your 550 or at a high speed I can have a serious problem”. OK, my underside is good and tight but I must get my air dam repair. I must do this before my next trip down Thunder Road to Las Vegas next month.

:ugh: :ugh:

Never drive less than 12 cylinders

#2 ·
Ferrari's don't spend their time in the wind tunnel for the cats ass ;)

Offcourse your car should be in perfect order, not only the airflow devices, but also make sure that your tires are always at the right pressure, change fluids well in time and when you hear something you don't trust, don't wait untill the next service, but bring it in the same day. High speed cars give you a rush, but they are still mechanical things, they can break. But if you give it all the attention it needs, the riscs are much lower.

#4 ·
Bart said:
My dealer just told me about what I should be careful about with my 550. After telling him I went rather faster recently going up the grapevine, he caution me about the body of my car. “All the air flow devices must to working correctly on your 550 or at a high speed I can have a serious problem”. OK, my underside is good and tight but I must get my air dam repair. I must do this before my next trip down Thunder Road to Las Vegas next month.

:ugh: :ugh:

Never drive less than 12 cylinders
So how fast are we talking about? - You'd have to really be pushing it to suffer aerodynamic problems given the minor damage I've seen from the pictures you posted. If you've every seen a LeMans car after the race you'll see the sort of damage they suffer and they still manage to stay on the track at 200mph +

Dermot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.