Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When do you think would be a right time to purchase an F40 and F50? I sold those cars and terribly miss them and since I am so buried in the cars I have, I want to be a bottom fisher and get it at the right price. A high mileage example is alright since I am not a professional collector and am just grateful of having it as part of my amateur collection. I know nobody has a crystal ball but I respect the advise of our members here in Ferrari Life. Euro model is alright as long as it is legal in the states. I am in no major hurry and probably the later the better since I am somewhat recouping from the major financial loss I went through last year.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
And one more;

F40 -http://www.globalautosports.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=search_cars&f_model_id=145&f_came_from=make

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
When do you think would be a right time to purchase an F40 and F50? I sold those cars and terribly miss them and since I am so buried in the cars I have, I want to be a bottom fisher and get it at the right price. A high mileage example is alright since I am not a professional collector and am just grateful of having it as part of my amateur collection. I know nobody has a crystal ball but I respect the advise of our members here in Ferrari Life. Euro model is alright as long as it is legal in the states. I am in no major hurry and probably the later the better since I am somewhat recouping from the major financial loss I went through last year.
Euro models on the F40 are a non-starter. You will not be able to bring one in for at least 4 years. The only Euro F50s eligible for US import are 1995s and conversion will run $70k plus. Prices on F50 in Europe have held fairly stable so far in the GBP 320-380k range. F40s are now in the GBP 250-300k range.

For the US, I would call Sheehan, tell him want you want, price, and then wait to see what he can find.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Euro models on the F40 are a non-starter. You will not be able to bring one in for at least 4 years. The only Euro F50s eligible for US import are 1995s and conversion will run $70k plus. Prices on F50 in Europe have held fairly stable so far in the GBP 320-380k range. F40s are now in the GBP 250-300k range.

For the US, I would call Sheehan, tell him want you want, price, and then wait to see what he can find.
Thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts