Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Comrade Vulcan sent me the following pictures of his English lightweight Efforty for posting. IMHO, this F 40 is in outstanding condition. It is wonderful to see an F40 that is clearly both pampered and driven.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Dear comrade Vulcan F-40,
You have a wonderful looking F40, I was also impressed with the image of your fire breathing dragon in it's lair, and by it's fellow stable mates, the 512 tea are and what looks like a Silver Shadow (forigive me if I'm incorrect, as Rolls Royces are not my strongest subject).
Best regards
Archie

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Archie, I couldn't identify the car on the right even as being a Rolls Royce, you're much better than me in that matter.

But at least the 512 Tea Are was obvious to me hehehehehe

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dear comrade Vulcan F-40,
You have a wonderful looking F40, I was also impressed with the image of your fire breathing dragon in it's lair, and by it's fellow stable mates, the 512 tea are and what looks like a Silver Shadow (forigive me if I'm incorrect, as Rolls Royces are not my strongest subject).
Best regards
Archie
Dearest Comrades archiegibbs and stile - alpine,

Yes, top marks are awarded to archiegibbs as the Rolls is indeed a Silver Shadow 11. The colour is Shell Grey with a dark blue interior contrasted to a pale grey leather headlining and pale grey lambswool over-rugs.

I must say that Boxer has made a splendid job of displaying the images - they are normally within the Kodak software and do not look anything like as good as they do in Boxer's renditions all so magnificently displayed here for all to admire. Bravo Boxer!

With kind regards,

Vulcan F-40

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I must say that Boxer has made a splendid job of displaying the images - they are normally within the Kodak software and do not look anything like as good as they do in Boxer's renditions all so magnificently displayed here for all to admire. Bravo Boxer!

With kind regards,

Vulcan F-40

Comrade Vulcan F-40, You are very welcome and your close ups of the mechanical components have inspired me to try and take similar pictures of my F- cars this coming weekend.

I have also heard rumors that you are planning on emmigrating to the land of heavy weight Effortys in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Boxer

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Boxer, where's the "land of heavy weight Effortys"?

I want to move there too! hehehehehehe

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Nice pictures, and absolutely beautiful car!:D

·
Registered
265 Posts
OK, but where did he go?

Out to buy cigarettes and never came back?
Dear Comrade stile - alpine,

On the contrary dear Comrade,

I have been as a sojourner within the windswept wastes of metaphysical acharnement iconoclastically crusading against machiavellian misanthropes. And thus I now return from my peripatetic travails having vanquished these perfidious tortfeasors. And so, all is well and I my life once again turns upon the axis of the aleatory grimoire of prestidigitation :)

But where is Comrade Boxer?

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Comrade Vulcan F40, glad to have you back to the forum.

Could you please explain to me where is the "land of heavy weight Effortys" that our friend Boxer mentioned? If such a place exists, I'm very interested to know! hehehehehe

Welcome back!

Cheers! ;)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Could you please explain to me where is the "land of heavy weight Effortys" that our friend Boxer mentioned? If such a place exists, I'm very interested to know! hehehehehe

Welcome back!

Cheers! ;)
It does exist and it is a very big place. Heavy weight Effiftys also roam this area.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Don't know how I missed this thread. What wonderful pictures. I especially like the second one with the F40 out to pasture with the other horses.

·
Registered
265 Posts

Welcome back!

Cheers! ;)
Dear Comrade Stile-alpine,

With regard to your query concerning the "land of the heavyweight Efforty's."

I can confirm that the 'Heavyweight Efforty' is an indigenous species of The United States of America. It is more than two hundred pounds heavier then the English Lightweight Efforty. It may be recognised by the black moustache across its front and another black appendage traversing the rear. It has different seats that are similar to those in a saloon car plus many other modifications that are meant to stop people from killing themselves. However, we in England and on the European Continent are fearless and do actually drive our motor cars. It would seem that many Efforty's within The United States of America are held in captivity and rarely driven hence they have become but mere show-pieces.

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I can confirm that the 'Heavyweight Efforty' is an indigenous species of The United States of America. It is more than two hundred pounds heavier then the English Lightweight Efforty. /QUOTE]

Must be something to do with all the burgers, pizza and Ben & Jerry's they eat;)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Comrade Vulcan F-40, thank you for the explanation. I did know about the differences between the Euro and US Spec F40s, but didn't make the link with the "heavyweight" until you explained it.

So you are going to move to the USA?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts